Chapter Twenty Eight

Damon's POV

Following them closely behind as we rode home, it took us about 40mins because Suzy was trying to be careful as she drove slow, and I was really thankful for that.

But my heart was shattered when she took the path that led to Angel's apartment which was a completely different route to my house.
I guess I saw that coming, but it still affected me so much, I followed them up until the parking lot.

They got out, completely ignoring me, and went in.

I couldn't try to talk to him tonight, it wouldn't work, it'll only agitate him more, and I was sure Suzy wasn't going to allow that. I couldn't go home either, I couldn't lie in that bed alone tonight, I couldn't go back home knowing Angel is probably crying himself to sleep.

I started to feel a tightening in my chest as I took off my jacket, reclined my seat backwards, leaning into it, I tried to relax. I would stay here, I had a few snacks and water in my car in case I got too hungry. Once it's morning, I'll go try to talk with Angel again. I couldn't stay away from him for so long, I don't how long I can endure this pain in my chest.

.....................
I kept waking up during the night, after managing to close my eyes, I would wake up again not long after, at some point, I kicked my shoes off and climbed into the back seat but it didn't help, I couldn't sleep, there was an aching in my heart that prevented me from getting any rest.

I finally got out of the car at 6:30am, feeling cramped all over and pressed as hell, I needed to use a bathroom, but after stretching a little, I got back into the car and decided to wait a little before going up to see Angel.

In the meantime, I called Rosie to tell her I would not be coming to the office today so she filled me in on what I needed to know, and sent what was necessary to my mail.
Thinking about it now, Rosie has really been of great help to the company and to me most especially, she was really competent at her job, and had a great and easy going personality.

She did things even before I asked her to, always knew what she had to do, when to do it and how to do it.
At this point, I don't think I can work with someone else as my personal assistant, Rosie makes my work easier and I made a mental note to thank her specially later, also serves as an encouragement.

After that was done, I called Ry.
I told him all that had happened, and all Philip told me, we talked for a really long time, I don't know how long, but when I got off the call, it was almost 8pm.

I decided it was time to go up.
Putting on my shoes and locking the car, I knew I looked a mess, I should have developed eye bags by now, as I haven't been able to sleep well in days.

Pressing his doorbell, my heart literally stopped, what if he still doesn't want to talk to me? I honestly didn't know what I would do at this point.

The door was opened by Suzy, who looked a little surprised to see me.
"Hi Suzy, I really need to talk to Angel, please" I pleaded.

"Yeah, I think you do, he couldn't really sleep at night, you guys really need to talk, come in, I'll go call him out"

She said as she shut the door behind me and started walking into the bedroom, then she stopped and turned back to me..

"And, for all our sakes, don't make him cry like he did last night again, please, I really don't know what I'd do if I saw him cry like that again"

She had on a serious, and at the same time, sad look.
I couldn't say anything, so I just nodded.
She turned and walked into the bedroom.

I was really pressed at this time but I have to hold it, for now, safe to say I had more pressing issues.

Suzy came back out holding her bag and jacket, with Angel closely behind her, in an orange t-shirt and matching pajama pants.

He looked so tired and pale, I really messed up this time, I promised to take care of him, to always make him smile, never to let even a frown rest upon his face, but looking at him now, I've managed to achieve the complete opposite.