fifteen

[Ahmed Sheikh's P.O.V]

Fire coloured firmament was a tell tale of the hotty Junes in the big walled city of Pakistan, the important one in the region of Asia. But the little single stream flowing in the great city low down the temperature.

I was back in the town where- Suffi born.

My life in this ample town has come across with many phases of joys and sorrows.

Its the city where my parents migrated after the Independence in late 1947. My father had his very own farmlands in the stupendously beautiful hill side Shimla. And my grandfather was the chief of the doctor's team during the World War 2. Whereas my great grandfather was community chief of the lawyers community back in the same decade of WW2.

My family had a name in Delhi. We had earn it. There were a million followers who loved us and follow us blindly.

But- my father and grandparents left all the legacy on the farther side, when they crossed the border, they became-soldiers of the dear land they step into.

Together they built the country with great leaders. They built their legacy, though they never been entertained by it.

I born in this city decades ago. But lived a smaller part of life here as I became a young guy, along the family, I moved to the thumping costal city of the country; Karachi.

My father used to serve among the city's top hospital during day time, whereas he spends his evenings serving the poor ones at his private clinic that he built in home.

I'd been admitted to the armed training school at my own choice. I wanted to be like legend, serving his nation, like my father, my grandfather and my great grandfather.

And so.. I did all the hardships. To earn the legacy of that Khaki uniform.

But one wrong move..

By the very heads of the force.

My jaws clenched, eyes were hooked with those of the hotty sun I stare outside from the great glass window, my hands gripped round the glass of white wine so tightly that I felt I would brake it down.

Its since that terrible happening with my poor son that leads me to alcoholism. I squeezed my eyes harder as I heard the generals step inside the meeting room.

"All are present here?" General Pasha asked.
......

[Gulrez Gabol's P.O.V]

I shambled, sliding my legs forcibly to move them inside the camp. My left arm was fully stretched out to help me reach my way. My eyes were swollen out of the pupils, it seem like my heart pour inside my eyes.

You just did kill a man...?

My soul had engulfed me with lament avidity.

Ali suspected that I am not doing good so he came to me; "Are you fine Gul?".

My jaws were apart widely. I swallowed back and forth, my eyes moved rapidly from one direction to another.

"Gul...."

Ali's jerk forced me to scream out but somehow I've find a way not to.

"I killed him." I collapsed in his arms; "I killed someone- how could I...?" My voice cracked all the time. Ali must not listened a single word utterly.

"Hey..hey" he lift my head gripping round my jaws, "All of us here, outside there..." He pointed to the camp's door; "We all killed someone, even so I-look at me" He allured my heed over his greyish outfit that was freshly painted red, I scrutinized him.

His cheeks were flushed reddish, both the anguish and guilt were hooked in his face-utterly visible. Whereas his eyes were filled with moisture that revolt his blueish grey eyes to that of bloody booze.

"The end of all woes are viable, until we fight against them." Ali spoke determinately.

"And we're born fighters!" I completed him.
.....