sixteen

General Pasha along the other generals were seated on behind a giant glass table while I stay at the front of the table, behind me was a great wall of glass.

"Its a serious issue Major!" General Pasha broke the silence, as he removes the lid of pen, leaning down to the documents that were lying deadly on the glass board in front of him, picking them from a corner tip he raised a brow at me.

"You've to answer about that Brutal killings" General Pasha continued; "Along your army you did this week earlier."

I tilted my neck to the left to see the shining stars on my shoulders and chortled at the execrable faces of the Generals at my front.

"What is it for?" General Kamal, one the rare stupendous honest officer enquired peculiarly.

My eyes flew rightly towards generous General Kamal, I sighed deeply and chuckled; "Killing- Brutal?" My laughter was louder in the meetinghouse; "When did you start comedy shows General Pasha? I've must missed some good shows out there."

"What the heck is it?" General Pasha raised to his full height and pulled his palms in anger on the glass board.

"You're on board against your seniors answering to the deeds of crime you did and you-"

"Deeds of crime?" I push stood over in angst, clenched my jaws with eyes widened.

"They worth what did happened to them." I threw away the documents I had to justify my so-called deeds of crime, right at face of General Pasha.

General Kamal held in the documents, enquired all; "You must have to inform us Ahmed anyways." He sighed.

"Inform who? Him...?" My eye pointed at General Pasha.

"You're disrespectful througly. Watch it." General Pasha admonished me.

"Watch it you too, I am the bloody Chief Operating Officer for the inquiry of this damn case-" I spoke hooking my eyes into his.

"So... If anything goes wrong with me, you need to answer people of these kinda." I continued pointing out from the window to the group of media people out there.

"Believe me they would be interested many much with why General Pasha is after Major Ahmed's deeds of crime?" I furrowed my brow and trenched my lips with a flat smile.

I took on my shades, wore on my peaked cap and headed towards the exit.

"Just because of losing your son, you're not supposed to act like you're god here." General Pasha spit his filthy notion out.

I pushed stop my steps and turned about.

"If I act like so, I won't lose my son." The words dropped out of my mouth and the dense pang filled in my eyes that was hidden by the dark shades ring round my eyes.

Before turning to the exit I could see General Kamal's eyes digged in the glass board dolefully.
As I paced steps towards the exit, I heard General Pasha calling my name but I ignored it, anyway.

"They thought because I lost my son so I am lost of my mind..?" I lashed out as I unbuttoned my shirt.

"What happened?" Ameena's calm and peaceful voice engulfed my anguish.

"Nothing." I shook my head.

"Have a chilled shake Major!" She surprised me with her nonchalant tone.

I took the glass from her hands and placed it the table near me and winced about her, rolling from her wrist towards me. She hit against my chest wall, my action lead her as a speechless wonder woman.

"Wh..what?"

"Just..." I wanted to say a lot but instead I wrapped my large arms around her comparatively tiny shoulders and locked her with me.

"Just- wanted a hug." I suspired in her ear.

I couldn't feel her hugging me back. I flinched away her, pushing firm away from her shoulders.

"Why you do this to me?" I gazed in her eyes founding for hers. "You're also one of them who think I was responsible -"

"No you wasn't." Ameena intruded. "It was a Major who did so."

She broke the gaze too earlier, was looking across the room towards the window, where my soul along a fence pang hung.
.....

A splash of light struggled to get in my swallowed eyes. I endeavored open my eyes. Hadi wasn't here anymore instead my father's eyes were grappling with shed tears that were floating in his eyes.

"You think I gave up at you. So you didn't..." He spoke abruptly as I sighted him.

"I love you baba." My voice cracked.

"Then why didn't you tell me that..."

"Suffiyan how are you feeling?" A manly anonymous voice intruded in our conversation.