Part 10

That night she had dinner with the old couple- Mr and Mrs Bhatt. They were sweet and their nok jhok was endearing. They told her that they been married for 50 years and have no kids. Mrs Bhatt became emotional and said , "Us jamane mein to beta pata hoga tumhe kitna bolte the agar bacha na ho phir bhi tumhare uncle kabhi mera sath na choda aur wo sabko jawab de dete the. " She looked over him and hold his hands and they both stared in each other eyes. Imlie was touched at their love. " Aap log bohut pyare ho Uncle Aunty, ma ke jaane ke baad aaj aisa laga ki koi bada hai mere zindagi mein" a lone tear escaped.
"Beta, tumne dekh kar pata nai kyu aisa laga ki tum apni ho, isliye humne tumse sawal bhi nai puche" Aunty smiled. Imlie decided to tell them the truth , the couple were honest ans they gave her shelter they deserve that much to know.

Uncle Aunty both were angry at Imlie for tolerating the Tripathis they even said to go polic station but Imlie denied telling them about their connections. They both hugged Imlie and blessed her. They told her, she is like their daughter now and she shouldnt back down from any fights in life they will be with her always. Imlie was touched again, she will be sincere and honest going forward with them.

Next day, she knocked at boss's cabin, "Come in"
"Sir , from Monday onwards, i wont be able to work overtime i will be leaving by 430 if that is ok with you? "
"Why?" He asked
"Because i am not able juggle housework and this job " she lied
"No,"
"Then Sir, i will have to resign" she looked down.
"WHAT!?" Aryan suprised by her reply.
"Ji Sir"
"I thought you want to grow Imlie, be independent and you giving up so easy because you cant juggle between personal and professional? That is lamest excuse Imlie. Lot of women do what you do and they dont complain." He was frustrated with her reply. How could she?!
"Sir, So can i leave by 430?" She ignored his rant on purpose there is no point to give answer. He is right and she hates lying but she is doing exactly what he was saying.
"You ignored everything i just said" he was amazed by her indifferent demeanor.

"I thought we were friend Imlie , tell me whats going on?" He changed his tone to more soft he didnt know why but his heart told him so.

"I dont have any friends Sir" she replied and she just left not expecting answer from him any soon. He would just keep asking questions she knew that.

That evening she stayed late, as she had to typed the trip report. It was just Aryan and her in the office. Aryan came out and saw her packing up stuff. "You are coming with me " he ordered
"No i will get a cab"
"Its an order Imlie" he simple said
She nodded. She knows Aryan know where Aadtiya lives, she will have to act and once he ia gone she will just grab a cab and go.

Once in car, Aryan spoke, "Sorry Imlie for the other day i was frustrated aur pata nai i removed it on you . "
"Its ok Sir. It happens " she smiled
"Stop the Sir"
"No sir"
"That means you haven't forgiven me"
"Nothing like that Sir"
"Imlie mujhe ab gussa aa raha hai , i said i am sorry " he said with genuine guilt tone.
"Sir yahi thik hoga ke hum ek boss aur employee hi rahe" she replied looking out of window.
"Imlie drame mat karo. Am getting pissed now. Tum meri dost ho aur rahogi. Friends mein ye hota rehta hai Imlie. Yes i was wrong, am sorry. Dekho maaf nai karogi to dekhlena "
"I said its ok Sir. Main aapse naraz nai hu"
"Imllie! Stop that SIR SIR" he sped up but he wasnt going to monster's house she realized.
"Where are we going sir"
"Muh se gaali niklegi ab mere, i dont care if you are woman you are my best friend Imlie itna haq hai mera tumpe gussa karna, tumhe daatna, kabhi kabhi tumpe frustration nikalana, kabhi pyar" he stopped himself and gripped the steering wheel hard.

She softened a little but she did not know what to say. She kept quiet.

"Ugh!!!! I guess this is my punishment and i know how exactly manaofy you"

Seems he is taking her to to his house. Her heart started beating fast at realization. His house, everywhere will be his essence. Its going to be hard for her. He stopped in front of bunglow. She followed him inside, it was beautiful. A simple interior... white walls , mustard yellow modern sofas matching the curtains, a huge tv with game console. "You sit i will be back. Bhola kaka " he called out
A mid age man came out what looks like kitchen, "ji Aryan baba"
"Ye meri dost Imlie hai inhe kuch bhi chaye to please" he smiled
"Ji Baba. Bittya chai, coffee juice??"
"Kuch nai chacha"
"Oh come on Imlie stop being formal. Agar mein tumhare ghar aata, bina puche kitchen mein guske jo khana pina hota le leta. Kise baat kar raha hu , dimag kharab karke rakha hai tumne Imlie " he sighed and left to change.

Once out of sight, she followed chacha to kitchen, "Beta mujhe bole jo chaye aap bethe"
"Nai chacha, mein pani le lungi dont worry"
She saw him taking pasta out of box .
"Aaj dinner mein pasta bana rahe ho?" She asked generally.
"Beta sunta kaha hai meri, desi khana banana nai deta bolta hai aapko mehnat karni padegi. Bobut ache hai Aryan baba. Bolta hai pasta asaam hota hai wahi bana do ya phir wo kya bolte hai Omelet vagera. Angrezi khana khata hai . Pagla" She smiled at Aryan's intention behind it.
"Ek kaam kar chacha aaj daal chawal banate hai" she winked
"But beta wo"
"Are tension mat lo, mein use sambhal lungi, aapki madad kardungi "
"Thik hai" He went to get dal and kept in pressure cooker.
"Daal mein banogi chacha" he knew he couldnt argue with her.

She heard Aryan calling out her name" Imlie!!"
"Mein aai"

He was in leaving room with guitar in his hand. Oh so this was how he was going to make up with her. Smart.  "Sit and keep quiet"
She smiled hinting at his smart move.
He winked "Ab to tumhe sorry accept karni hogi and sir sir band karna hoga"

He settled him on chair across her. He brough the chair closer. "Mmnm" he was loosely playing with strings trying to tune in.

And he played the most unexpected song,
When he started to play the tune, Imlie excitedly screamed like a fan girl, "I know this song oh my god" she squealed! Aryan amused , "Shut up! Sit and be quiet you are messing up the mahol" he kept finger on his lips to sush her.

Imlie sat with smile on her face:

He started to play the tune again:

Oh ho ohh hooo..

Aaja main hawaon pe bithake le chaloon
oh, tu hi toh meri dost hai
Aaja main khalaon mein uthake le chaloon
Tu hi toh meri dost hai
Awaaz ka dariya hoon

Behta hoon main neeli raaton mein
Main jaagta rehta hoon
Neend bhari jheel si aankhon mein
Awaaz hoon main
Aaja main hawaon pe bithake le chaloon
Tu hi toh, tu hi toh meri dost hai
Aaja main khalaon mein uthake le chaloon
Tu hi toh meri dost hai...

He totally sinked in the song and sang for her . His eyes closed while singing. Imlie was stunned at his voice, she didnt realize she was crying by the song ended.