One

We are hosting the yearly gala this week and things around school have been hectic. The majority of students had their dates and dresses picked out, including my best friend Ava. Her date is Draco Malfoy, he's notorious for being the school's bad boy. He was a man whore but he changed when he decided he needed Ava. Since then we've had our little friend group that people like to gossip about. Ava is popular she's gorgeous and very smart so it's understandable, Draco is also very popular, especially among women. They were not happy that she took him from them.

Blaise is also very popular among women because he is very attractive and is also categorized as a "bad boy." But it's more like he is just an asshole and doesn't like anyone but Draco. The girls still swoon over him because he's athletic and gorgeous, and he doesn't give any girls attention. He's is covered in dark tattoos perfectly suited for his dark skin making him all the more popular.

I am a quiet person who enjoys staying out of drama, well most of the time anyway. I like to focus on my school to maintain my perfect score and I don't have much time around that. I do still enjoy going to parties and having fun, only if my school is finished. My father, Severus Snape puts a lot of pressure on me to be perfect. He lost his light when my mother was murdered only a few days after my 7th birthday. I feel the urge to not disappoint him because he's been through so much, and I try my hardest not to get in trouble. I don't want to cause him more stress.

I receive a lot of male attention but I've never given any of them an actual chance. Sometimes I enjoy the company and for others, I just wanna fuck. I've had a date for every year by this time but not for this year. I wasn't worried because either way I was going and I will have fun. It's just odd, normally I have so many men asking me to be their date, and not a single attractive man has asked me. They probably realized they weren't getting anything out of me.

-

After class, I was heading to the library to study for an upcoming exam when someone pulled me into an empty closet. "What the fuck," I shove him off me. "Sorry just thought you wouldn't want this public."

"Oliver wood, you better have a good reason for this before I kick you in the balls," I lecture him. Oliver and I had a history with each other, he was my favorite fling and he knew it. "I heard from someone that you don't have a date," he smiles. "How do you know I don't have a date," I cross my arms. "None of the boys want to get humiliated," he explains. "So they're afraid of rejection," I roll my eyes. "Yep, anyway I want to take you to the dance," he says nonchalantly. "So you think I will say yes to you?" "That's what I was hoping for, Yes," he says sarcastically. "Okay, fine I will."

My day went on as usual after that encounter. Ava met me in the library to study with me, but before we could Fred and George sat down on either side of us. We are pretty good friends with them. Probably because they know how to have fun and don't worry about the consequences. "So ladies, what are you up to," Fred questions. "What do you think," I give him a death stare. Fred responded by rolling his eyes at me which made me giggle. "Anyway, Ava we saw that Draco asked you to the gala," George says.  "Yeah and so did everyone else," she answered. "Someone's extra feisty today," George and Fred say simultaneously while looking at each other. "Well, you did interrupt our peace," I defend her. "Okay, we'll be leaving you then," they get up and leave.

It's the weekend now and also the day of the gala. The girls have already been prepping and getting ready for the dance and it's not for 7 hours. I did homework most of the time until about 2 hours before. Halfway into getting ready, I went to avas room and she was ready to go and about to leave. "Holy shit girl why aren't you ready yet," she has a panicked look on her face. "Why are you going so early," I say genuinely. "Well, I'm just going to meet Draco right now." "Okay, I'll just meet you there," I say as I enter the bathroom and she leaves.

I also made plans to meet Oliver there so I guess I will just have my own grand entrance. I slipped into my dark expensive gown and was ready to leave. As I made my way to the large staircase leading down to the ballroom I started to feel uneasy. I am shy, but at the same time, I love attention. I know I look good so it will help.

I pick up the sides of my dress slightly, uncovering my expensive black heels, and gracefully start to walk down the stairs. I was focusing on the steps so I didn't fall, but when I looked up everyone's eyes were on me. I scan the crowd and find Oliver, Ava, Draco, and Blaise standing in a group. They were all staring at me, Oliver looked in awe as well as Ava. My eyes meet Blaise who has an unreadable expression as usual but I notice the corners of his lips slightly curved up. He never smiles, and I mean ever. I also swear he just looked me up and down which is a rarity.

I finally make it to the bottom and Oliver meets me there with his hand out. "You look beautiful Hailee," he says sweetly. Ugh how much I hate sweet guys, I just can't handle it. Anyway, I take the compliment and we head over to Ava, Draco, and Blaise. "Wow Hailee you look amazing," Ava says. "Why thank you."

"Everyone quiet," Dumbledore's voice roars through the room. "Today we are hosting the yearly gala...." He continues talking as Oliver is standing tall behind me. "Now it's time to bring your partners to the dance floor," The music cuts him off and people start to dance. Draco takes Ava and I turn around to face Oliver but to my surprise, I turn around to no one. I can't comprehend when he would have left, I could feel him right behind me a second ago. He also doesn't seem like the type to leave his date especially when he treats me the way he does. It's clear he has a thing for me.

I roll my eyes and pull my dress forward to take a seat at an empty table. They were decorated with beautiful flowers and ribbons. I'm upset with how this is turning out so far. I'm sitting alone at a table during the gala when normally guys would be begging me to dance. About a minute later a tall figure came and stood over me. "Where's your date," Blaise talks to me for the first time ever. Yes, he hasn't directly spoken to me since we've been in the same friend group but I haven't tried to either. He's spoken to Draco and Ava but Blaise and I have never had a conversation.

I look up in shock, "Uh, I'm not sure," I say confused. He says nothing and sits directly across from me. "Hm," he says staring into my soul. "Okay this is weird," I blurt out. "What?" "Um, this is the first time you have spoken to me," I furrow my brows. "You too," he says blandly. This feels like I'm talking to a brick wall right now. I look around pretending to think about if I've ever spoken to him knowing I never have. "I suppose you're right," I say.

"Well hello, you two!" The Weasley twins couldn't have had better timing it was about to get quiet and awkward. "So Hailee is Blaise your date," George questions. "I didn't see that one coming," Fred replies. "Yeah, have you two ever even spoken," George adds. I roll my eyes, "No he's not my date! It was Oliver but I don't know where he went. I think I got ditched." "Well why didn't you just come to one of us, you know we would've danced with you," Fred jokingly flirts. I notice Blaise hasn't taken his eyes off me since they sat down with us. He just looks pissed off all of the time so I give him a look but he has no reaction.

"Hm is this tension I feel," George smiles. "I think it is George," Fred chuckles. "You guys are so annoying. And also where are your dates? No one wanted to go with you guys," I snark. "No actually they were getting boring so we went looking for you," Fred says cheerfully. "Well lucky you, you've found me," I say sarcastically. "Anyway will we be seeing you guys at Draco's after-party," George's changed the subject. "I don't know about Blaise," I look at him, "But I will be. It's the only thing I'm looking forward to now." I maintain eye contact with Blaise when he doesn't say anything. "Blaise," Fred and George say simultaneously. He rolls his eyes, "Yeah I'll be there."

-

Ava sits down next to me, "Well who's ready to go to the party," she says excitedly. I stand up from my seat ignoring the fact Blaise still hasn't taken his eyes off me. It's so unusual, I've never seen him look in my direction once. At the same time though, I avoided looking in his direction as well. "Yes let's go," I say ready to get out of this disappointing gala and finally have some fun.

Ava and I go to our dorms to change into more appropriate party attire. She put on a short tight black dress with black boots and other accessories. I threw on a short low-rise black mini skirt and a revealing lace tank top and heels.

We drove to Draco's place since the party was at his house and we'll be able to just spend the night. We walked through the front door and my mouth dropped on what I was witnessing.