Fifteen

"I'm going to my room!" I cannot stand Ava being dramatic when she kept a secret way bigger and more important than what I've kept from her. I feel Blaise start to follow me but I quickly turn that down.

"Don't you follow me, Blaise! After all, this is your fault because you can't handle your jealousy," I scoff in annoyance. I storm off and Blaise continues to follow me. I don't want to cause a scene so I allow it. I will yell at him in my room.

"Hailee are you mad at me," he says confused. "I just can't deal with any of this right now, I have enough to worry about at the moment," I grab my books to read about the Maze and its tricks.

I move to my large green couch and take a seat. "What is it you are so caught up on," he follows me and stands in front of me crossing his arms. "Does it really matter," I glare at him for interrupting my reading. "Yeah, it does. Now explain," he shifts his feet antsy for my reply.

I feel something for him and I want to tell him but I'm scared of this not working out in the end. Then what did I open up for? "Blaise, I Don't want to be open with you until you use your words and tell me what it is you want from me," I avoid the question with sass. "One, I would've thought that was clear when I did that in front of everyone today, and two you haven't told me what you want out of me," he gets frustrated.

"Because you're notorious for a lot of things and so far all of them have been right, how am I supposed to open up to someone who is known for," he stops me and sits down on the coffee table in front of me. "I'm different with you, I've told you more and let you into my life more than I have anyone else," he rubs his forehead. He is moving around a lot and avoiding eye contact, which is unusual for him. It's clear he's uncomfortable right now.

"Blaise, all I want to know is what you want from me," I say shyly. I can't handle these situations like a normal human. I'm on edge anytime we go into a tense conversation. "Why must you make me say it," he sighs.

"Hailee, I want to be with you only, and I Don't want you to be with anyone else. Does that clear things up," he finally makes eye contact with me. "That will do for now," I decide not to push it too far tonight. "Good, now I can spend the night without having to worry," he stands up. "Um, no," I stand up quickly not allowing him to move.

"I'm still mad you exposed us to our classmates without telling me," I say in smite. "And I have to study the Maze, you know my last task in the tournament. My father reluctantly told me that was the task the prophecy had foreseen my death in," I decided to give him the answers he asked for earlier. I only thought it was fair.

His face falls flat and he stays silent. "So leave my room or be quiet while I study, please," I sit back down on my couch and open my book. "I'm staying."

"I won't die, I will not be thrown into any situation I can't get past. I have the best scores in every class for a reason." I'm trying to help his mood. "There's so many instances that could end your life instantly, and," I stop him. "I like that you're so worried about me, but my dad has explained everything to me and I have no worries. The prophecy didn't specifically show my death and it did not show just one outcome. But I Don't want to explain because it doesn't matter, and I need to read about the maze so shush or goodbye," I look back down to my book.

He mumbles something and sits down next to me. I slightly scooch away so we aren't touching. He grabs me and aggressively pulls me close to him. "Don't run from me now," he smiles. I roll my eyes at him. "This is serious, I can't be distracted," I say aggravated.

"I'll be quiet, I just want to," he stops. "Want to what," I look at him unamused that he's still talking. "I need to be touching you right now," he lifts me onto his lap.

I love that he's so obsessed with me. I love that he just can't get enough of me. Blaise is the only person I believe I will ever be able to like as much as I do, I like all of the trouble that comes along with him. My life has always been complicated and I've never been one to run away from complications.