Eight

The same night while in bed I heard a knock on my door, "What! Oh Blaise, Draco, what do you guys want I'm trying to sleep," I say annoyed and exhausted. I was avoiding looking at Blaise as much as I could. I feel like we shouldn't have fucked, now that we did, nothing will ever be the same.

"Have you seen Ava," Draco sounds worried. "I don't know she's your girlfriend," I start to close my door but Draco stops it with his hand. "She's been missing for over two hours now," Draco sounds desperate. That alarms me because Draco is never worried or scared. "Tell me what happened," I let them come into my room. "She left my room too well um that doesn't matter, she left and she hasn't come back," he puts his hands on his temples. "Did she say she was going to come back," I question frantically. "Yes," he says stressed. "Have you checked her room," I question.

Draco slightly shakes his head no and I scoff in return. I got to her room across the hall, whip her door open and my heart drops when I see her empty room. She never disappears for hours at a time without telling someone what she's doing. I rush back into my room, "Where have you all looked for her?"

"All over the castle," his voice is shaky. "Ugh okay, I'll go check her secret spots. You two stay," I order them. After running all over the castle to her hidden spots I return to my room empty-handed. "You didn't find her," Draco stands up frantically. "No, we need to go look outside now! Let's split up and search the school grounds," I say, panicking.

I head to my door. "Hailee, it's cold," Blaise says nonchalantly. "Okay, you think I care right now? I want to find Ava even if i freeze to death," I raise my voice angrily at him. "Let's go," Draco gets impatient and leaves. I follow behind him ignoring Blaise.

As we exit the castle we go our separate ways. I walk into the dark forest with a feeling. "AVA!" I scream her name over and over again. I take a break to listen for anything. I pause when I hear water splashing in the distance.  I sprinted towards the noise and ended up at a lake. It was dark, I could barely see anything, there was a figure standing at the edge of the water. I ran towards the figure, not knowing who or what I was about to encounter, but a sense of relief rolled through my body when I saw it was Ava. But that sense of relief left me when I saw the weights tied to her waist and ankles. "AVA WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?" She doesn't reply, she doesn't turn around, it's like she can't hear me. She lifts her foot and jumps into the water. I jump in after her, fighting to get her out of the ice cold water.

When I did, I had her in my hold on the ground as she tried to fight out of my grasp. I don't have any open hands to reach for my wand to knock her out so I use all my strength and hold her. "DRACO! BLAISE," I yell as loud as my strained voice with allow me to.

Right when my strength was about to give out I heard rustling through the trees. "HEY," I yell. "Hailee," Draco looks at me confused as well as Blaise who's beside him. "Come grab her now," I say urgently. He doesn't hesitate and grabs ahold of her. "What is wrong with her," he looks at me like I should know. "Well, I assume she's been cursed," I say shivering drenched in water. Now I was regretting not changing into something warmer than a cropped tank top and small shorts.

"What do we do," he says urgently while fighting to hold her still. I pull out my wand, "Stupify!" She gets hit with the stunner and knocks unconscious. "We need to bring her to my dad," I say antsy to warm up. Draco carries her to the castle without hesitation. I follow behind Draco and Blaise follows behind me.

I bang on my dad's office door. He swings the door open in anger, "What are you four doing here," he looks at me in the eyes. "Ava's been cursed or something, please help her," I beg. "Bring her in here," he opens the door for us to enter. Draco lays her down nicely on the sofa.

After my dad reversed the curse he insisted on bringing her to the infirmary just to be safe. We slowly walk her down to the infirmary and when she gets settled in I feel okay to leave her with Draco. I'm just glad she's okay and I found her in time. I couldn't imagine losing the person closest to me.

-

Dripping down the hallways of the quiet echoing castle I shiver. I speed walk trying to get to my room so I can take a hot shower. "Hailee," a deep voice behind me makes me jump. I turn around angrily, "I'm not in the mood," I stop when I see Blaise. "Guess you should've changed," he says annoyed looking me up and down. I sigh and continue to my room.

"Blaise stop," I turn around and stop walking. "why are you following me?" "Are you alright," he doesn't seem sincere at all. "Yeah I'm great," I reply in the same tone. I take a deep breath figuring out if I should say this. "Blaise," I pause. "I know we shouldn't do this but I can't help it," he admits.

I want to know his reasons but it's better for both of us if I leave it unknown. "We can't," I look away from him. "Can't what," he sounds frustrated. "We can't fuck again and we need to stop talking," I manage but I can't look at him. He's too intimidating. "You're right," he says clenching his jaw and nodding in defeat.

He walks away.