Chapter 26

Tray Pov

" Do you really think that we will get the answers that we need from this guy?" I asked while checking out the rundown area that we have found ourselves in at the moment. It was obviously a dangerous place to be going around asking questions in and honestly, it's no telling how these people will react.

" We both know it isn't a guarantee that this isn't all a set up. I'm trying to be optimistic and hopefully we can get what we need and fucking leave. The bigger question right now is are you willing to take this risk with me to find out?" Looking up I meet his gaze with determination. Tivon has always been so willing to take this kind of risk with or without me.

"Let's go." I hopped out of the truck. Allowing him to take the lead, we begin to enter this dingy abandon building that rose only a few floors high. The first thing that I notice was the horrific smell of piss and feces attacking our nostrils. I covered my nose with my hand to protect myself as my eyes slowly began to adjust to the poorly lit room that I was led to. Across from us in the cold stoned cracked room stood a man. The man was just below 6ft tall with a patchy beard and crooked teeth. His attire consisted of black jeans, a hoody and boots to match.

Immediately Tivon and I tensed up. It wasn't the fear of losing my life that had me gripping my gun. Although I can admit that was only a portion of the reason that I am prepared to fire no questions asked. Yet, the thought of failing and dying here will the kill me more than coming up empty handed as I continue to search for information.

"Mark." Tivon said as he gave a simple stern nod towards the man. The man head snaps
in our direction as he eyed us both with evident nervousness.

"Look man after this we are even. Don't contact me. I don't want to be caught up any of this once it all goes to hell."

"Just tell me what I want to know and we're even."

"With all the heat surrounding Cav, he needed to move and move fast undetected. It's only a handful of people who has knowledge of the whereabouts of his location. " Mark reached in his pocket and I gripped my pistol even harder. Prepared, and a bit reactive. He slowly pulled out a piece of folded paper.

"So you know what that means. Attention. Negative attention. But we are even now. Right?"

"Agreed" Tivon took the paper from my man's dirt stained fingers. Mark hurriedly pushed his hood up further onto his head. His brown eyes locked onto the two of us with a look of concern and disturbance.

He began to leave yet never quite allowing his eyes to leave us. Soon we were out of sight and I relaxed a bit. Now the curiosity and adrenaline of finally obtaining something that could possibly get us closer to Goddess fired me up so intensely.

"Let's head out." Swiftly Tivon made his way out the building and back into the vehicle and I followed. My mind began wandering, sprouting so many possibilities.

"Do you think he was playing us?" I asked. I didn't want to be overly optimistic. Setting myself up for failure isn't what I need right now.

"It's only one way we will find out." He responded as he slipped out the folded paper from his pocket. He looked up at me, meeting my gaze as my patience began to simmer. He looks back down at the paper and finally begins to unravel it ....

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Instinctively, my fingers grasp my gun as my finger hovered slightly over the trigger. The sound stemmed from the right of me and that is where I am aiming. Outside the vehicle stood a figure. The falling sun was blocked from our view and only the bulky outline of a man is visible.