Chapter 10

Goddess POV

After he left, I rolled over to my dresser and pulled out my poetry journal. And I just wrote. There wasn't any thinking just a nice flow of my emotions in ink.

Those moments filled with laughter
I hope you know that it matters.
The time you take to chatter.
I pray you know that matters.

Someone as stubborn as me
Will never let the words leave their lips.
Of how your affection matters
And makes my heart skips.

Sometimes I think of a world without you
I didn't even realize that was a fear.
I just brushed it off as nothing
But there was no denying my salty tears.

I think I lo.....

There was suddenly a knock at my front door. I started to head to the door and my pace started to slow as i began to think. Tray would just walk in like he always does with the key he stole from me. Sometimes I despise his over grown ego. My mom has a key. And my sister doesn't want anything to do with us as a family. She still checks on me over the phone. I looked out the window just to be safe and my heart fucking stopped, and my throat swelled. I backed away slowly.

I jumped when I heard knocking on my door again. My phone began to ring and I almost had a heart attack. My heart was racing a mile a minute. I tried to hurry back to my room but my phone started to ring again. I muted it but it was too late. I know they heard my phone going off. So I just answered.

"I know you are mad. I know that you don't want to see me. But I just really need to talk to you." Tivon said sincerely. And I don't believe the deceiving bastard for a second. It was just this curiosity that was pushing for me to open this door. I was too nosy for my own good. I sighed.

"Ok, hold up for a second." I said back. I went to the kitchen and opened the bottom cabinet and pulled out a honeycombs cereal box. I reached inside and whipped out the black gun my dad stored for protection. He been teaching me how to shoot since I was like 6.

I walked back to the door and opened it. I took a closer like at Tivon. He seem to have gotten his ass kicked. His right eye was swollen shut and he had bruises covering his entire body. He was literally black and blue.

"You look good." He stated looking me up and down with those gray eyes.

"I wish I could say the same." I replied back. Gripping the gun even tighter. I stood to the side and gestured for him to come in. He walked in and went to go sit at the kitchen table. I cracked the door a bit because closing it meant that I would have to waste time on trying to open the door if I had to run. I went to sit in front of him. He looked at the gun in my hand and frowned.

"I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but what do you want." I said trying to slow my racing heart. His frown deepened.

"I came here for two reasons. I need your help to find your father and I love you. I miss you Goddess. I want you back. Plus you might need some protection. Your dad is in a lot of trouble. And I want you to be somewhere safe." He said seriously. I couldn't fucking help it. My laugh erupted and slipped pass my lips before I could even form a thought about stopping it. It's just chaotic. Confusion was plastered on his beaten face.

"Look I know that we only dated for a couple months, but you should know that I don't give a fuck about what happens to that bastard. And shouldn't nobody try coming after me. He doesn't value my life. Obviously he didn't care about what you did to me that day. And as far as an "us", you can throw that thought away." I said harshly. He sighed. It's kind of funny how he seemed like the person I fell for before that horrific day. But I knew better.

"I was taking drugs during that time. I wasn't me Goddess I swear. I was just trying to be someone I wasn't. It was so much pressure on me. But now I want out. I don't to be apart of this shit no more. You made me realize that. Don't give up on me. I know that I hurt you. God I know that I will spend the rest of my life apologizing for the fucked up shit I did to you whether you want to listen or not. Once we were over, my life began to literally spiral out of control. You were the only positive thing in my life. I regret losing you every fucking day man. I want that back. Even if we are just friends, I just need you back in my life." He said now on his knees in front of me. I saw tears flowing from his eyes. My eyes began to water as well. I don't want to cry and I want to fucking hate him. I want to have the guts to turn him away. I want to be a fucking heartless bitch. Yet that wasn't me. And I will probably regret everything from this moment forward.

"I won't say I forgive you. You don't deserve my forgiveness. You will work for that shit. I doubt that we could even be friends but I guess we can try. And as far as my dad.... I don't know. I'll at least attempt to help. Please tell me you being honest about getting you life together? Because if you make me regret helping you, I'll make you regret even meeting me, you hear me? " I questioned with my voice cracking multiple times.

"I promise you won't regret it." He whispered. His tears was flowing heavily now. Hesitantly he sat on the floor laying his head on my knee and lower thigh. My heart rate increased even more. I took multiple deep breaths and began to stroke his hair whispering to him that everything will be ok while he cried.

"The fuck is this!" I heard someone yell. Oh shit! Tray stormed over and kicks Tivon in the face. Blood squirted from his nose and lips. He then kicked him in the guts making Tivon roll on his back. He grunted from the pain. Damn he was already beaten half to death. It seems like Tray is trying to finish him off. I stepped in between the two.

"Can you fucking stop? Go to my room so I can explain." I screamed. He was scaring me. He didn't even look at me. He just stared at a ragged Tivon. Tray began to move towards me. I stood my ground, but I swear I was close to pissing myself.

"Get the fuck out the way. I'm not letting him get away this time. "He huffed out.

"I said go to my room. If you plan on hurting him anymore then you might as well start with me because I'm not fucking moving." I spoke out with confidence. I know right, the shit is shocking. He stared at me like I had lost my fucking mind. I don't blame him. He stalked off. All I could hear was banging and thumping while he made his way to my room. I let out a deep breath. God how was I going to explain this?

I helped Tivon up and addressed his new wounds. Then I left him on the living room's couch to rest. I was headed to my death. Hopefully Tray won't beat my fucking ass, too