Part Three

-Home-

"The public accuses you of paying assassins to murder him."

"That is just so stupid! Why would I even do that?" Nanon groaned in dissent.

"Probably because they knew you refused to marry his daughter." Frank added.

Nanon stomped angrily, trying to rack his brain as what he heard sounded so absurd. It bothered him at his certain, that the first gunshot he heard last night was definitely the one that killed the Chairman. But what upsets him the most was when, him being pointed finger at when he's clearly one of the victim.

His grandpa whom sitting by the edge of the dining table with them, seemingly unconvinced and, even more so displeased by the news. He sighed and gazed at his grandson with worry evident in his eyes that betrayed his lack of sleep. Nanon couldn't utter a word more, since the frowning tone that came out of him clearly tells how much disappoinment he had bestowed upon the old man.

"Then what do you suggest we should do?" His grandpa raised his head to Frank.

"I think it's best for us to stay quiet for a while and let the news died down first." Frank advised, looking towards both Nanon and the old man.

Nanon scratched the back of his head and looked up to the ceiling, pondering what to say next before turning to them back to express his thoughts. "I won't stay silent and let people blaming me for what happened. I'll hold a press conference and tell them I'm innocent."

"And you seriously think they'll believe you?" The old man questioned.

"But, I can't just stay and let people spread what's irrelevant-"

"Frank was right. At this rate, you should lay low and let everything cool itself down first."

"Grandpa!"

"End of discussion!" He sternly cut him off before standing up and leave the dining room in frown.

If Frank hadn't been keeping an eye on the headstrong lad, he'd probably be doing what he planned to do. Although Nanon wasn't sure if remaining silent would be the appropriate thing to do given the agony he was going through. And the fact that he was on the verge of death that night.

He wandered up to the large window that gave him a swivelling view of his grandpa's yard, which was the typical thing he would do to empty his mind everytime he went on a distress. But the sight he witnessed as he casted his eyes outside wasn't exactly what he had expected.

'What the-' His eyes grew wide as he felt even more horrified and shocked at the sight of the details-thrist reporters gathered in front of the gate, waiting for his appearance. It was indeed, a terrific view out of all worst.

"This why you shouldn't go out." Frank added worriedly.

"Then, how do we get home?"

He came into a halt when Frank suddenly walked away to his query. Then, found him downstairs a minute later approaching the gate to the vexing reporters.

"He's here. He's here!"

As expected, they quickly reached out to him as soon as the gate opened. But a bit disappointed as it wasn't Nanon who actually came up to them.

He kept looking at them outside and couldn't tell a thing of what they were saying or when it did, he was taken aback as all of them suddenly back away from him and drove off in a flash with their van.

"What did you say to them?" Nanon anxiously asked as soon as he returned.

"I just warn them that you'll going sue every each one of them for trespassing your privacy."

"Wait, that's briliant." Nanon's face finally lighten up. "You should've punch them in the face. Gosh! Those people irritates me."

Frank chuckled. "I would. But it would just giving them new topic to another article of you."

Nanon only smirked at him, then returned his gaze towards the empty yard. 'Whatever.'

~~~

-Nanon's Appartment-

When the sun had finally set below the horizon, offering a ray mixture of gold and purplish sky yet pleasant to the eye, Nanon made the decision to return to his apartment alone.

It was almost like any regular evening he had but, it suddenly changed when his gaze were casted on an aisle of people waiting in front of his door. It was the darn reporters with their cameras.

He knew it was too late to pull back inside since he was already outside the elevator and the sound of his footsteps had initially caught their attention. Nanon froze there like a statue, his mouth pursed but slightly opened. He is now being surrounded.

"Mr. Nanon, why didn't you want to marry Ms. Fah?"

"No comment." Nanon spoke up, trying to seize his way out from them but failed eventually.

"Mr. Nanon, is it true that you killed Chairman Khim?"

"Please! Just leave me alone!" He grumbled, frowning as he was squished in the middle, made him suffocating even more.

"Why are you avoiding the question?"

Nanon fought his way out, but there were far too many of them holding him back, and the flashing light from their cameras nearly blinded him.

"Should I report you all for making noise disturbance in this neighbourhood?"

A powerful voice flowed across the air, drowning out the reporters' chatter. All attentions were immediately shifted to him. Nanon blinked his eyes a few times trying to get rid of the dark spot that were covering his vision caused by the intense flashes and tried to focus at his face.

He was ecstatic to see the guy who turned out to be Ohm, the one who had saved him that night, now that his vision had totally restored.

Ohm's gaze was fierce, as if offering a death warn towards all the people who looked so tiny when standing on front of him.

Nanon didn't actually know what the guy had expected when he made an entrance like that. But Ohm might have forgotten that he was actually famous too.

'Dumb. But thanks anyway.' Nanon mumbled and quickly ran off inside while the reporters was busy questioning the big guy.

Just when he saw Nanon finally able to get inside safely, a small smirk curving by the corner of his lips. He had no issue swatting all of the flies away, and he did so with ease. Unknowingly, his place was just next to Nanon's, and he did that so he won't be disturbed.

That night however, Nanon couldn't sleep well. He felt tired but his brain wouldn't stop thinking about whatever happened today. Especially when people still think of him as the guy who killed someone.

His body traveled to every vacant side of his king sized bed, even at his comfortable position, his eyes just wouldn't shut close. He quickly rose up from his bed and pace to his big window with a glass of champange within his grip. He took a sip and turned his gaze to the metropolis, oblivious to the wonderful vista because it only offered him chaos.

A thought of the big guy suddenly went through his mind, and without him even realizing, he was smiling through it. He finds it rather funny if not flattering to the fact that he would make himself being surrounded with those people, while Nanon was running away from it.

He took another sip of his favorite drinks, and that was when realization hit him. "What was he doing here for?"

He paused momentarily, trying to collect all information scattering in his head into his own assumption. 'Why would someone so smart in military strategies, would act so recklessly?'

"If that's not a dumb move, then.. did he do that on purpose? So I'd be free from the darn paparazzies?"

To be continued...