Part Five

Nanon's curiousity piqued as Ohm drove them to a strange pathways and noticed it was heading towards somewhere he'd never been.

"Where are you taking us?" Nanon harshly questioned.

Although Ohm doesn't reply back as he had anticipated. He was left dumbfounded as he stepped out of the car and simply walked to open the door for him on the passenger side.

Nanon frowned at his silence but was cut short as a dominant voice floated in the air, breaking the tense silence.

"You're here."

Nanon immediately rose his head towards the voice and saw a stern figure heading towards them with a serious demeanor.

"General Sakchai." Ohm stated under his tone that are full of respect and lowered his head a little upon his arrival.

Nanon locked his stare on him for a few moments, just as he had done before, but Ohm never returned his gaze to him.

"Why am I here?" Nanon inquired, frowning as he turned his glance to the general.

"Please come inside first." He responded and gestured his hand to lead the way.

Once they entered the building and went on an elevator with the others, Nanon immediately spotted his grandpa sitting in the corner of the quiet conference room. But he wasn't alone.

His manager, Frank was there too.

'What on earth is going on?' This only made Nanon wonder why would the two of them be sitting there in the room and in fact they spoke nothing of it before. Definitely, it would only make him a bit angry.

Though there wasn't much people there, it was still confusing. Officers whom constantly walking back and forth through the corridor from where he was standing only giving him weird stares probably because of the news that haven't died down yet. Slowly and reluctantly, he walked inside the conference room and reached out to them.

"What are you doing here?" Nanon instantly asked Frank and his grandpa.

"Your grandpa received-"

"Apologize for the abruptness, we're here to resolve the matter about the death threat Chairman Kirdpan had been receiving."

Nanon immediately turned to his grandpa and to Frank before expressing his concern. "Death threat? When?" He muttered.

Before anyone could say anything else, something unexpectedly popped on the big projection screen, prompting their focus to shift up front almost instantly. Nanon's eyes narrowed, focusing on the strange sight in front of him, and he was perplexed when he saw his name mentioned in the picture.

It wasn't just any picture, it was a snap of the threat as they conversed.

"This note was sent to Chairman Kirdpan's home address this morning. I believe money wasn't what they want but Mr. Nanon himself." General Sakchai added.

"But why?" Nanon questioned.

"To put it simply, they wanted you dead." His grandpa suddenly spoke up.

"What could they possibly gain from having me dead? Satisfactory? Fame? My money? What did I ever do to them?"

"Many people actually have grudges on you by now. Remember when you threw a tantrum on your driver and fired him?" Frank spoke up.

"And just that, he wanted to kill me? He wasn't doing his job. Why is it my fault?" Nanon rolled his eyes, feeling slightly irritated.

"We never knew anyone would come after you anytime. As of now, your safety are the top priority." Chairman Kirdpan added sternly.