Part Twenty-Eight

~Bangkok City~

'Mr. Nanon, it's been an honor serving you.'

The simple phrase that he uttered seemed too surreal and too hurtful to hear that it had stopped every single thought from running in his head and shocked him enough to respond right on the second he heard it slipped out of his tongue.

As if it was only a bad dream and he thought to wake up from it so eagerly.

He did try to take it as lightly as he possibly could, knowing that by then, it was only part of his job.

Nanon never imagined the temporary fun life would be at it's peak so soon as he realized it then after commencing his gaze upon the metropolis— nearly forgetting he has a so called life in the busiest city too.

He finds the whole two hours going on a private flight was agonizing for him already. And it suddenly occurred to him that he didn't even remember going on a plane to the island with him in the first place.

'Did he drove all the way there? The whole 12 hours?'

All he could only remember was being extremely weak and he must've been asleep when Ohm decided to stop somewhere else— perhaps multiple place during the road to rest himself.

The more he thinks about it, the tangling his mind becomes.

"We're here." The man stated, shrugging his thoughts away.

Plethora of questions had plagued his mind the second he stepped out of the car. As if it was nearly impossible to pick one that should comes first.

He was escorted in with an entirely different team but somehow in the corner field of his vision, he could see Danika, Leo, and the others which he could barely tell standing among them in the back except for Ohm, their leader.

It was clearly prescribed on each of their faces, they must've been wondering where Ohm might be.

They could only froze there and watched as the other team walked him inside the building that turned out to be their main headquarter.

He was later brought into a small meeting room, where the last time he remembered, it was in a different room, different building, and mostly different people.

Almost no one was recognized when his eyes swept around the room— not until he spotted that one familiar face in one of those seats.

It was General Sakchai.

"It's good to have you back, Mr. Nanon." He greeted as his face lightened up when he sees him.

"Good to finally meet you Mr. Nanon. I'm Wajorn." Another voice cut in between.

Nanon turned his head to the owner of the voice and slowly getting the idea of who the man might be after reading his features. Judging from what he was wearing, that man who just spoke to him must be a general too. Or he could be wrong.

"Why'd you bring me here?" Nanon shot a glare at both of them.

A small grin curving by the corner of the man's lip as he gently tapped General Sakchai on the shoulder several times before he walked passes him.