Part Twenty

-Conference Room-

"What on earth is happening?!" General Sakchai immediately stood up from his seat, collided both fist boldly against the surface of the desk after hearing the unexpected news from one of his subordinates.

"It's hard for us to believe it too General. It's all happening so quick." Lin added.

"What do we do now?" Danika queried, ready to act on whatever order they are to be given next.

Eyes didn't stick up in one direction, they keep exchanging gaze while the general spent a moment to brainstorm their next move.

And as the mission's chief, he couldn't simply make a reckless decision that would ultimately affect the entire team. That's the burden he was ready to carry.

He hoisted his head towards them after a while of thinking and they're all all braced and ready to hear him out.

"First, Lieutenant Lin, make sure to let Lieutenant Commander Ohm know about this and get Mr. Nanon as far away as possible! He'll deal the news with him, by himself. Second, we'll going to receive an order to abort this mission soon and it's likely for them to send in the next recruit to take over. But we're not going to let that happen!"

"But we're going exactly against order. We might get suspended from our duty." Lin muttered.

"I know. But that's a risk I'm going to take and I'll deal with the superior myself. Chairman Kirdpan instilled his trust only on us and it's our command to fulfill no matter what the upper department tells us to do. And thirdly Sergeant Danika and the others, do whatever you can to distract the team from reaching up to them! We might me working in the same building, but they're not trustworthy in the eyes of the Chairman. Remember, Mr. Nanon's safety is our top priority! GO NOW!" He spitted everything literally in one breath.

"Yes Commander!" Everyone said in a chorus and leaves the room in an instant.

Ohm received the bad tidings from Lin through a phone call exactly a minute later, and it took him no surprise since he knew it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Given the torment Nanon had been through the night prior, he wasn't sure if telling him was even the proper thing to do. Thus yet, he haven't met full recovery from being drugged and despite being in a frail condition, all the feelings that had engulfed the big guy was concern.

He wasn't given much of a choice either way but to act as what he was told.

With speed, he rambled up to get Nanon in his room and comes out a while later when Danika and the others arrived in time, exactly like how they had planned.

"How is he?" Danika asked a moment later after Ohm showed up carrying Nanon on his back.

"He's fine but he needed some rest." Ohm heaved heavily.

"I hope he can endure it a little longer this time. Be there for him Ohm, he needed it." She advised and gently tapped him by the arm. "Leave now before they shows up. We'll take it from here."

He nodded back and curved the corner of his lip in response. "Thanks. I'm counting on you."

Concern was etched all over his face as he carried Nanon to the back seat of his jeep, no time to lose to even bid them goodbyes.

They kept watching as Ohm drove away in the distance, and as expected, four black Innovas appeared on the other side of the street not long after and pulled over in the yard where Will, Lin, and Danika were standing in guard.

"We're taking over this mission, so step away." A stern voice came out of a five and a half feet figure spoke up while holding up his badge in front of them.