Part Twenty-Nine

"He should be here by now." Nanon bit his bottom lip nervously.

He quickly put his head up as he suddenly heard footsteps coming towards him.

"Ohm..? Is that you?" The silence took turn after he asked.

"It's me.." Someone finally spoke up and ran to him. He held both of his arms tightly and examined him from head to toe before pulling him into a hug.

"Frank.. ?" Nanon stuttered though he wasn't too happy either that someone else showed up than whom he had expected to. "W..why are you here? Where is my grandpa?"

"He's here too." He said to him before turning around to let the old man in.

As if the heaven had finally responded to his pray, he was almost tearing up and sobbed to see his grandfather walking passed the doorsteps and even more so, to see him in such a good health after everything that had happened.

"Grandpa!" Nanon widened his eyes and ran to hug him. "I really missed you!"

Nanon's trembling arm was harshly removed by the old man, made him suddenly getting abashed and taken aback at his cold choice of action.

He doesn't fail to notice the strange look that the old man gave him. Similar to a wheted knife, the words he uttered next stabbed him deeply into his heart.

"Do I know you, young man? Are you a friend of Frank?" He asked so nonchalantly and at the same time, wearing a puzzled look as he turned his gaze to Frank.

"What? It's me, Nanon. Your grandson, remember?" He muttered.

"I don't have a grandson like you." He said and that was just too hurtful to hear.

"What are you saying? I—"

Before he could even speak more, Frank suddenly pulled him away from the old man.

"I think it's better to give him space. Right now, he only thinks I am his grandson." He said only to let his anger fuelled up. He just didn't have enough patience to hold back anymore.

"BACK OFF! HE'S MY GRANDPA!" He shouted, eyes snapped open with tears rolling down his cheeks nonstop. He was covered in a cold sweat and a slight terror in his eyes. He then realized that he was actually screaming in his sleep.

He began to look around and rubbed his shoulder to come back to reality.

"Damn, that dream." He cursed under his breath, eyes wandered towards the clock on the nightstand that reads: 2 in the morning. His heart hammered wildly against his chest that even a long sigh won't help him to calm down.

The images of his grandfather's face— eyes that was narrowed at him as if he was a stranger really haunted him.

He got off the bed and walked up to the balcony with a thick robe on. He wanted to clear his mind from the sadness that consumed him earlier, and the dark landscape of the quiet city all the way up from the top floor of the headquarters he was staying in does help a little— the same way it did when he was in his own apartment a long time ago.

All his life, he only had himself to comfort him. There weren't any other. But Ohm's appearance in his life changes everything.