Chapter 5 - I Don't Understand

Cyrus POV

When I finished playing Stick Empires, I noticed Y/N wasn't there yet. She said something about going out or whatever.

I try to shrug off the thought but I couldn't help but think about Y/N. I sighed and decided to just wait for her, since I had nothing to do.

Ever since Y/N came, I felt a weird feeling. Like, a feeling that makes me want to protect her and keep her safe.

I think Im just going nuts because I've never felt this way for anyone. And why would I feel this for Y/N among all people?

Flashback

I heard some commotion going on in a classroom so I decided to check it out, though I knew it was probably something dumb like Cruise getting a girlfriend or something.

I stand by the door and overhear the conversation. As I expected, Cruise didn't bother to say anything about me so I decided to interrupt.

"Wow, this is just crap." I said as I caught everyone's attention. Most of them were either looking away from me or glaring daggers at my soul.

But I could care less either way. "What do you want Cyrus?" Cydnee asked. I scoffed. "Just heard you talking and thought I should check it out." I said.

I then look at the new girl. She had blonde hair like Cruise and had dark red glasses. She wore a blue hoodie and a pink skirt.

As I heard, she was Cruise's sister. I stared at her before looking at Cruise again. "She doesn't look like you." I said, trying to make him mad. Cruise scoffed.

I hear the girl ask Cydnee who I was. I heard Cydnee describe me as the best gamer. But then she added that I was a pain to everyone.

"I heard that." I told Cydnee. Cydnee rolled her eyes. "Yes, I know." She replied.

I muttered a curse quietly and then looked at Cruise's sister. I approached her and asked, "And you are?"

"Y/N." She answered, trying to sound brave but it was obvious she was shy. I looked at Cruise and compared the both of them.

"You're shorter than Cruise, you look like a nerd, and you don't look anything like your brother." I said. "Maybe you're adopted."

Cruise heard me. "Don't you dare speak to her like that." He threatened with venom in his voice. I shrugged, angering him more.

"Whatever. You idiots have fun with her." I said as I walked away with a smirk on my face.

End of Flashback

After that incident, I couldn't get Y/N out of my head. Something about her made her seem different from everyone else.

"What the f***?! The next thing I'll say is that I actually like Y/N." I laughed at myself. But I knew this could be true.

"Why am I losing my mind to someone like Y/N??" I growled. "I mean, she's just as pathetic as everyone else."

I sigh as I noticed Y/N hasn't come back yet. Probably she was hanging out with her brother, Cruise.

After about 10 minutes, Y/N entered the dorm. "Idiot, where were you?" I asked.
"I told you I was going out to explore." She replied.

"Whatever." I said as I went to the bedroom. Y/N sighed as she followed me to do the same.

It was 7pm so I decided to prepare food. Y/N was left in the bedroom while she seemed to be thinking.

I don't have much skill in cooking but I know how the basics. I learned it when my mom cooks while I play games on my PS4.

While I was making the food, Y/N walked into the kitchen. "Wha-" She said, looking confused. "What? You didn't think I can cook?" I asked.

Y/N nodded. I roll my eyes even if I know she can't see me do so. She continued to watch me intently. "Dude, can you stop staring?" I tell her.

"Oh, sorry." She stuttered as she looked away. I continue doing what I was doing and eventually finish. I made mac and cheese and gave a bit to Y/N.

She finished it fast and when she was done, she looked at me with a face that said, "Can I please have more?" I chuckled.

"Sorry Y/N. I didn't make a lot. Didn't know you liked mac and cheese." I said. Y/N looked like she wanted to whine and complain but she kept quiet.

"Wait, doesn't this break one of your rules?" Y/N asked. "I'll let this one time slip by." I replied. "But never again."

I then finish eating and stand up. "Speaking of never again, you're washing the dishes." I told Y/N. "Fine." She said as she also stood up.

While she washed the dishes, I took a shower and prepared to go to sleep. By the time I was done, Y/N finished washing the dishes.

"You can use the shower now." I called to her. "K." She answered as she went to the bathroom. I went to the bedroom and sat on my bed while using my phone.

Soon, Y/N finished and went to her bed. She turned off the lights and said good night. I didn't reply and she just drifted to sleep while I was still awake.

I always slept late, and I was fine with it. I got used to the lack of sleep so I can do things normally even if I slept at midnight.

Which is exactly what I did. When I finally decided to rest for the day, I heard groaning noises coming from Y/N.

She was kicking around in her sleep and saying stuff I couldn't hear or understand. I sigh as I let her be and lied down.

But Y/N was still restless. I growled and walk over to Y/N's bed. I hesitantly touched her shoulder to try to wake her up.

Unexpectedly, the moment I touched her, she calmed down. I look at her in confusion as she started to sleep peacefully.

I shrug and decide to sleep as well. I go back to my bed and try to get some sleep. This time, without Y/N's noises disturbing me.

Little did I know what was going on inside that head of hers.