Chapter 15 - The Truth Hurts

"Uh, hey Z4. Why are you up this early?" I asked. Z4 stayed smiling. "So I can hang out with you since I know you're an early bird." He answered.

"Eh, k." I said as I went to my seat. Silence filled the room before Z4 started talking again.

"Have you thought about it already?" He asked me. "You know, the 'thing' yesterday when I confessed."

"Um, Im still thinking about it." I lied, not wanting to tell him that Cyrus confessed as well and I like him instead of Z4.

"...Alright, you have all the time to think." Z4 said as we both continued to stay in the classroom.

"You don't mind if I ask you a question, right Y/N?" He suddenly asked. I shrugged. "Go ahead." I told him.

"Is there something going on with you and Cyrus?" He questioned. I froze. "Uh, what makes you say that?" I asked.

"Well, you guys are together, like, a lot, and Cyrus seems to be a bit... clingy towards you." Z4 explained with a stern voice.

"Erm, we don't have a thing-" But I was interrupted by someone walking in. It was Willow. "What are you guys talking about?" She asked.

"Nothing." Z4 told her. "Just asking her a few questions." Willow nodded before going over to her seat.

"We'll talk about this later." Z4 whispered to me as he went over to his seat and stayed quiet for the rest of the time.

When everyone came into the classroom, the teacher walked in. After greeting us, she proceeded to start the lesson.

Shortly after that, Cyrus came in, made a random excuse, went to his seat, and didn't pay attention to what the teacher was saying.

I could see Z4 giving Cyrus a death glare while Cyrus just ignores him. I wonder if Z4 knows about what happened in my dorm last night.

But I shrug it off and pay attention to the discussion. When the class ended, I walked out ahead of Z4, not wanting to confront him yet.

Z4 POV

Y/N walked out of the classroom. She seemed to be in a hurry or something so I let her be. For now, I'll just talk to someone else.

But before I could go I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Where are you off to?" I heard the voice of Cruise behind me.

"Im gonna give Cyrus a piece of my mind to make sure he backs off my future girlfriend." I replied as I put Cruise's hand away.

"Look, I know nobody likes him, but what makes you think he's trying to steal Y/N from you?" Cruise questioned.

"Dunno, but whatever the reason is, Im 100% sure that he's up to something." I answered before leaving Cruise to try and find Cyrus.

I found him hanging around his locker. I march up to him and grabbed his shoulder. He looked at me. "What do you want, idiot?" He asked.

I growled. "Look, I know what you're up to." I told Cyrus. "What-" "Don't play dumb with me. I know that you're trying to steal Y/N from me."

Cyrus burst into laughter. "Ahaha, what you said is too far from what happened." He wheezed. But I glared at him.

"So you're not trying to get Y/N to like you? You're not trying to steal her from me?" I asked.

"Im not tryna steal her from you-" "Good." I said before starting to leave him. "Wait, no, Im not done." He called out. "I don't wanna hear it." I told him.

"Im not tryna steal Y/N...

"...because I already did."

I stop in my tracks. "WHAT?" I look over at the brown haired gamer who was smirking at me. "WHAT THE HECK DO YOU MEAN?!"

"I confessed to Y/N last night." He said. "And she said she loves me too so-" I grab him by the shoulder again. "LIAR!" I yelled.

But Cyrus only chuckled. "Don't believe me? Ask her yourself." He responded as he pushed me away. I growl at him first before leaving him so I can find Y/N.

I go to the cafeteria and as I expected, Y/N was sitting with Cruise. I calm down first before walking over to her.

"Hey, Y/N!" I forced a smile. She looked at me without any suspiscion. "Hey, Z4. How's it going?" Y/N asked.

"Um, can I talk to you about something, in private?" I asked her. "K." Y/N replied as she stood up. Cruise looked at me questioningly before I left with Y/N following me.

When I was sure that we were far away from everyone, I sigh and look at Y/N. "Y/N, I want to ask you something and I want you to answer as honestly as you can..."

"...Are you absolutely certain that Cyrus doesn't like you?" I asked her. Y/N gave me the same look when I asked her the same question a while ago.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Y/N replied, but by the tone of her voice, she sounded nervous. Now Im sure she's hiding something.

"Uh huh, I know you're lying." I tell her. "Cyrus told me everything." Y/N looked at me uneasily.

"Well, uh-" She stuttered. "Fine, maybe Cyrus does like me-" "And you like him as well, don't you?" "Uhh, you could say that-" "Then why didn't you tell me?"

Y/N looked away. "Because I didn't want you to get upset if I told you that I-" "Rejected me?" I finish for her. "Uh, yes that." She said.

"Yeah, but did you have to lie? It just makes me feel worse!" "I was planning to tell you when I was ready-" "And when would that be?!" "I-"

I growled. Y/N looked pretty guilty. She should be. She just lied to me and gave me false hope. I shake my head before leaving her.

"Wait, Z4, Im sorry-" "Shut up, I don't want to hear it." I tell her before I went to the bathroom. I think about what just happened.

I cried quietly as I felt heartbroken... and its all Cyrus' fault. Its because of him that Y/N doesn't love me. Its because of him that Y/N loves him instead.

But I wiped my tears away. I smile in an evil way and stare at my reflection on the mirror. I laugh to myself. "Why am I crying over this? There's nothing to worry about." I said.

"I have a plan to make Y/N mine~"