Chapter 3 - Windows

After you went to your side of the room,  you stayed quiet and started reading a book to pass time.

Minutes then hours passed. You didn't even notice Cyrus leave the bedroom. It left you wondering where he was when you looked up from your book.

He then came back, slamming the bedroom door open, making you jolt in surprise. He chuckled at your reaction but ignored you right after.

Then, you heard a knock on the door. Seeing that Cyrus didn't bother to get up, you made your way towards the door.

You opened it and saw your brother smiling at you. "Hey Y/N. How's it going?" Cruise said. "Who's your roommate by the way?"

Before you could reply, you heard Cyrus walk out of the bedroom. Cruise muttered something and glared at Cyrus.

You wondered why they disliked each other so much. Cyrus growled when he saw Cruise. "What do you want, idiot?" He questioned.

Cruise rolled his eyes and looked back at you. "Do you want to stay with me or-" You knew he didn't want Cyrus around you but you shrugged.

"Im fine actually. He hasn't done anything bad... yet." You glance at the brown-haired gamer who was still standing and watching you and Cruise.

Cruise also glanced at Cyrus and looked uneasy. "Cyrus, you mind if we talk outside a bit?" Your brother asked.

"Nah." Cyrus said, purposely making Cruise annoyed. "Just get over here." Cruise mumbled as Cyrus followed him out of the room.

Cruise POV

"Alright Cyrus, Im going to say this once and only once: IF YOU LAY A FINGER ON MY SISTER I WILL END YOU IN THE MOST BRUTAL WAY POSSIBLE." I said to Cyrus, who seemed unaffected by my threat.

He shrugged. "I don't take orders from you. I will do whatever I want with Y/N." He replied. "Im not afraid of your warnings. I bet you can't even shoot a gun."

I growled as I tried to hold myself from strangling Cyrus. "Im serious this time. If I can't shoot you, I'll throw you out a window." I told him.

"Oh, you'll throw me out a window? Wow, Im so scared." The gamer said with sarcasm. I sighed.

"Look, you get the point. Just please don't hurt Y/N. She's been through too much already." I continued to say.

Cyrus shrugged. "Meh whatever." He answered as he went back to the dorm with Y/N. I hoped by that he meant yes.

Regular POV

You waited for your brother and roommate to come back after their conversation outside. When they did, Cruise turned his attention to you.

"Y/N, are you sure you'll be ok here... with him?" He shot a glare at Cyrus who was waiting for Cruise to leave. You nodded in reply.

"Yes, Im sure." You said. Cruise sighed and hugged you. "I love you a lot, Y/N. You know that right?" He told you. You smiled and nodded.

Cruise pulled away, waved goodbye, and made his way to the door to leave your room.

When he did, Cyrus said, "Finally, that fool is gone." He then diverted his attention to you. "Y/N, Cruise said something about you having been through too much whatever that means."

You knew what Cruise meant by that and replied to Cyrus, "Its something I don't want to talk about."

Cyrus scoffed and walked to the bedroom. You stayed in the living room and looked out the window.

You wondered if there might be a time when you would need to tell everyone about your past life: the pain, suffering, and sadness.

You shook off the thought as you told yourself that that time will never come and if it did, you could just lie your way out of it.

You then went to the bedroom to get your book, only to see Cyrus playing on his computer. You ignore him and get the book you were reading.

You then stayed in the kitchen since you found it quieter there. You soon finished the book and lingered around the room in boredom.

You then decided that maybe you should check the other dorms. So you went to Cyrus to tell him.

"Hey, Im just going to go out for a bit." You tell him. "K." He replied, though he seemed more focused on the game he was playing.

You went out of your dorm and tried to find the dorms of everyone else. You stumbled upon one and knocked on the door.

It was answered by Willow. "Y/N? Why are you here?" She asked. "I was bored." You answered. Willow nodded and let you in.

Her roommate was Wesley, who at the moment was busy with studying or something like that. He looked up from what he was doing and greeted you.

"Hey Y/N. How are you?" He smiled. "Cyrus is my roommate but I think things are going well." You kind of lied at the last part.

"Wait, he's your roommate?" Willow asked. "If I were you, shove him out a window." You giggle a bit at what she said.

"Oi, no one is throwing my brother out a window." Wesley interrupted. "Cyrus is your brother?" You asked. "Isn't it obvious?" Wesley replied.

"Not really." You said, trying your best not to be offensive. Cyrus and Wesley didn't seem related, just like you and Cruise.

Wesley shrugged. "Its fine. Many people say that too." He replied as he went back to what he was doing.

You asked Willow where the other dorms were. She gave you the directions and you nodded. "Im gonna get going now." You said.

Willow nodded. "K. And make sure to stay away from Cyrus." She said in an almost threatening way.

You left Wesley and Willow's dorm to find the others' dorms. While walking, you thought of how Willow felt around your roommate.

Cyrus didn't seem that bad. Sure he looked like he hated everyone, but maybe he's just misunderstood.

But whether or not this was true, you knew you were bound to find out someday.