4|weights

Tyla Bradley

Is this Twilight? I feel like I'm in twilight. The whole hand shaped dent in my bumper and all. He's walking down the hall right now, smiling and socializing with everybody dubbed worth his time. And for some reason all I can think of is twilight. He's not some kind of vampire is he?

No!

That's insane! I'm an idiot!

All day yesterday that had been stuck on my mind. I've constantly been replaying the whole interaction. He'd looked as surprised as I was by the hand shaped dent. Maybe some body else did it? Maybe it's some practical joke someone's pulling? But than again wouldn't I have noticed it when I was getting in my car and walked around the bumper.

As I got ready to come to school this morning—the first day of school—I'd stood and stared at that dumb dent. But the only explanation was the Twilight one and I'm not stupid.

So I've tried to ignore it, ignore him, but it's nots working. Here I am, standing in front of my locker on the first day of school. I'm fiddling with my student council jacket because I hate that I have to wear this and bring attention to myself, and that I'm just staring at Walker.

Who I am?

I smack my cheek and mutter under my breath, "vampires aren't real."

"What aren't real?"

My head shoots up and I spin around before letting out a breath. Apparently I'd been holding my breath, but it's just my best friend, Zoey.

She's wearing a white tee that looks good against her dark skin and white washed blue jeans. Her hair is separated into two long French braids and I can see she has some more highlights. She looks amazing as usual!

"Vampires."

Her eyes open in question but I just shake my head, "you don't want to know."

"Your mom made you watch those movies again?" Zoey asks astonished.

I shake my head while my eyes wander over to Walker. He looks good today. Saturday, when we met, he'd been in football gear and than messy shorts and a t-shirt. Now he had on a pair of black joggers and a white shirt with a two button collar, both buttons were undone and you could tell he had not only a sculpted chest but a tan one too. His hair was still messy but in a purposeful way and his dumb beautiful blue eyes looked the exact same. Something about him....

"What are you looking at?"

I tried to look away before Zoey followed my gaze but I failed. She caught sight of Walker and then he decided in that moment to look over at us. The second he recognized me he smiled and waved, knowingly.

"Did he just..." Zoey trailed off and than her eyes shifted to me. Her big beautiful brown eyes and I'm guilty and she knows it. I see her gears turning, her figuring out everything without me saying a word. I hate how she's able to do that. We know each other too well.

"He just gave us the 'hey, I know you, how you doin?'  wave."

I motioned over there, "you got all of that from that?" If I play dumb maybe she'll move on?

Nope, Zoey's smarter than that.

"You were just staring at Walker Prince and then he did the honor of waving and smiling at you. Tell me, now!"

"How do you know he was waving at me?" I motion around us. We're in a crowded hallway, it's loud, chaotic. Everyone's reuniting after the summer vacation. "He could've been waving at anybody."

She gave me a dull expression. She knows I'm lying, I'm terrible at and she can read me crazy well.

"T," she presses.