25|potential

Tyla Bradley

"You missed fourth period." Zoey says matter of factly. Her and I had planned to meet up after school today, which I'd almost forgotten about because of you-know-who. I'd barely been able to pull myself away, Walker and I had just talked, and kissed I guess, but mostly talked. The entire rest of lunch and the rest of school after that went by without me realizing. I'm not sure if Walker had been aware and didn't tell me or not. I'm thinking he knew. The time had flown and now I'm sitting in Zoey's room, my lips a little tender—yeah, really, don't ask—and trying to hide the extreme blush coming to my cheeks.

Her eyes narrow and I can almost see her mind run through things and then she gasps, "you were with Prince weren't you!?"

How did she come to that so fast?

I shrug, "maybe I was, maybe I wasn't."

She points a finger in my face, "spill, now!"

I sigh, "we may have met up on the bleachers during lunch."

She gasps, sits up a little straighter and grabs my leg, "excuse me?! You spent the last," she glances at her phone, "three hours making out with Walker Prince!"

My face heats, "I never said we were making out."

She shakes me, "when did this happen?"

Im guessing she's talking about the whole kissing thing, "yesterday. But listen it's not..."

"Man you two work fast! I thought you were not hoping into another relationship."

I shake my head vehemently, "we're not in a relationship."

"Kissing is relationship."

"No it's not."

She eyes me, "it is for you. How many boys have you kissed that weren't your boyfriend?"

I know where she's going with this, "I kissed Nick Wilson in the third grade and I never dated him. Oh and Mason Wyatt in eighth grade and him and I never went steady." I put air quotes around steady and gave her a 'beat that's look.

She frowned, "Nick was a dare and Mason was spin the bottle, those don't count. You've only ever kissed boys if you were dating them. Silver is the only one that counts and as I recall you two are exs."

"I am not dating Walker Prince."

"Yet," she mutters under her breath.

"Hey!"

"What?" She holds her hands up in surrender, "you may be able to lie to everybody else but I know you Tyla Bradley. I know what you think of Walker Prince. You worried about those whole two week suspension of his and you got all flustered about him at the game, and with the fundraiser. I'm not an idiot. You have the hots for him, and you're now kissing him. Soon enough you all will be going steady." She emphasizes steady and I glare at her.

"I don't understand how the time went so fast. How did we even make it through fourth without getting caught by the truant officers? We were on campus the whole time!"

"Yeah? At the famous make-out spot! I'm pretty sure Evan Hayes paid the truant officers to steer clear of there so he could make out with girls during whatever period he wanted without having to leave campus."

I gag, Evan Hayes is a man whore and anybody that takes advantage of that spot is the equivalent. I've become the equivalent! How could I let this happen? What must Walker think of me? I'd told him we weren't there for that but then we did that. Sure we got some talking in between make outs, but still, I hadn't wanted to fall into that, and here we are.