14|crisis

Tyla Bradley

"Your mother said you were in crisis mode."

I'd had my head buried in my pillow muttering something along the lines of: 'I hate high school! I hate Walker Prince! I hate fundraisers! I hate student council.' Etc.

Hearing his voice made my head shoot up, "Ty?" Did my mother really call him? Of all people? "What are you doing here?"

He smiled and rubbed his hand against the back of his neck, "um, your mom said you were in crisis mode." He said repeating what he'd already said.

I frowned and felt my cheeks heat in embarrassment, of course that's why he's here. Why did I have to look like I wasn't listening or cared or whatever?! I fixed my hair that was major bed head and coming out of my ponytail all funny, and shifted.

"We're here too," Zoey and Andrea poked their heads up as Ty came fully up the stairs and it amazed me how they both could fit so easily in the opening. "Although your mom called him first."

They both let out a squeal suddenly and came fully up the stairs shoving Ty. Zoey turned a glare towards the stairs. Next Parker stuck his head up and grinned wickedly.

"You're despicable," Andrea hissed rubbing her elbow.

He shrugged his shoulders and gave them a nonchalant look. Parker has this odd capability to say so much with so little expression. Like right now, his face is almost blank and yet I know, somehow, that he just licked their elbows.

I rolled my eyes at them and shifted my gaze back to Ty. He smirked, "you spiraling La?"

I nod.

My mother and I have spent hours brainstorming easy to accomplish fundraiser ideas. I need something that high school kids or even just the people that come to the football game, since that's where the fundraiser will be. Right outside the field before the game. What would people buy?

That's the question my mom and I have been asking for hours. Finally I melted down and went upstairs. Claiming I'll never go to school ever again and I'll just live here with her forever.

Guess that's why she called Ty, and everybody else. I didn't even know she had his number. I thought the only number she had was Zoey's. Not to mention I never thought she'd be able to figure out how to navigate her contacts to make a call or send a text to someone not on her favorites list. Which consists of just Zoey and I. Zoey in case I don't answer, so inadvertently just me twice.

I smiled at the thought that she was able to figure it out—without my help—in order to help me.

"I should've listened to you," I mumbled looking down and twiddling with my thumbs. I heard my bed creak and shift as Ty lowered himself down on it and heard him let out a long breath. "If I'd accepted your help earlier I wouldn't be in this predicament. The fundraiser is in less than two days and I have nothing. I'm going to embarrass the student council, Mrs. Corn, myself, the school..."

"Stop worrying about that," Ty blurted cutting me off, "let's just focus on a good idea for a fundraiser. Don't even think about there actually being a fundraiser. What would you buy at something like this?"

"Besides I'm basically the core of the student council and I don't care La. We're here to help now, we can do this!" Andrea said confidently pinching my leg.

I glanced at her and smiled. Shes always had a way with words. Even now when I know how important student council is to her, how important this fundraiser is. She just willingly blows it off because it's stressing me out. Ive never been the closest with her but deep down I know she'll always be there for me. I can always count on her as a friend.