CHAPTER 4: The Reunion of Silent Solidarity Band

Third person's POV

The building's conference room was remarkably quiet, just the new CEO and the famous actress and model with her manager were left alone in the large space. Following Chaewon and Sakura's brief chat and contract signing, Yena, as her assistant, accompanied The St. 𝑌rene's  Chairman and CEO.

As they read the contract terms and conditions, Chaewon reminded them, "Let me know if there were any policies that you would want to change or are uncomfortable with."

"There were none, and everything was good and beneficial to us," Minju's manager responded. "What do you think, Minju?"

"Uh-uhm, I-I agree with you..." the actress said quietly, making her Manager puzzled for a moment.

Since they entered her office, Minju had been sitting there, holding the folder and without even giving Chaewon a glance. Even the actress was perplexed as to why she was acting strangely and was so distant from the person they had to work with. Minju could only blame her lack of professionalism on her mind.

It could be that her mind is still adapting after years of not seeing the older girl. They didn't have a decent approach of parting at the time, so they had a severe argument.

"Alright, then, I reckon this is a deal."

Chaewon could only stand there and watch Minju and her manager sign the deal, hoping it would end soon.

"Well, I look forward to working with you on this project," the CEO stated as she extended her hand to Yuri for a handshake, which the girl returned with a smile.

Yuri, on the other hand, has no ill feelings toward the girl and has never had any conflicts with her, even after Chaewon left without saying goodbye. Whatever explanation her old friend had back then was enough for Yuri to understand.

The Actress's Manager, on either hand, was delighted to see the girl again, despite the fact that she had a lot of questions she wanted to ask her, but it wasn't the right moment when she sensed a subtle dust between Minju and Chaewon.

Chaewon subsequently, turns then extends a handshake to the much more actress and model. Minju locked her eyes on the older girl's hand before moving to meet Chaewon's gaze, It still give's the younger Kim the same coldness as before.

Yuri, who was standing there watching the two girls' gestures, could only mentally smirk as Minju smiled and accepted the handshake.

'It's getting really awkward, but I like what I'm seeing,' thought the Actress's manager.

After a few more exchanges of words with the CEO, the two ladies exited.

Chaewon sighed and loosened her tie, knowing she was now alone in the conference room. It only took a few minutes for them, but the CEO felt like it took hours, long enough for her to have trouble regulating her emotions.

Seeing a colleague—or, more accurately, bandmates—brought up a flood of memories she had assumed were no longer there in her mind. When the door opens, revealing her assistant and butler, her frustrations are cut short.

As she drops down on the couch, the ice blonde-haired girl adds, "...I am now regretting my decision to come here with you."

"Just like how I am for accepting this damn project,"

"C'mon guys, what's wrong with you two?" the oldest of the three inquires after observing the two's frustration.

Instead of suitable responses, Yena received a chorus of muffled scoffs, which perplexed her and made her wonder why her dearest friends were acting so strangely.