CHAPTER 7 : A different person

Third person's POV

"Yah ,You should watch your intake of calories,"
Yuri advised the digging Actress/model. "Just in case you forgot, you have a runway fashion showcase tomorrow."

"I know," the older lady replies proudly, "but we both know that even if I ate a lot, I didn't gain weight and still had a gorgeous body." and the actress sent her a wink.

"Minju, I appreciate you're the most beautiful woman this generation, but you're not so attractive when you wink, So, don't do it."
her manager recommended.

"Oh, thank you, manager-nim," she says sarcastically, "that definitely boosts my confidence."

 Minju rolled her eyes and pouted in reaction to the younger's response, "You're very much welcome."

When the flat screen TV, which had been rolling without their notice, flashed The man Minju wants to forget, the actress was in the middle of eating while Yuri was browsing through her tablet—probably going over Minju's upcoming schedules.

"It has been confirmed that Mr. Hwang's youngest son is the new CEO of Epitome Entertainment, and that he will attend the much-anticipated and grandiose Runway fashion show of Célystene  and St. 𝑌rene apparel. The famous actress and model Kim Minju will also be there as one of the Runway Models."

Minju came to a halt and then cast a glance at the flat screen television. She could see how broad the man on the television was smiling, looking so happy as if their breakup had never happened.

'The last time I saw that smile of yours was when I said yes to you,' Minju reflected as she stared at the tv screen.

Yuri, who had been keeping an eye on the actress for some time, took the remote and turned off the television before the man could talk to the media. Minju turn around to stare and raised an eyebrow, as if to inquire why her manager turned it off.

"What?" Her manager asks her, nonchalantly, "I'm not sure why you're so invested in things that are both worthless and mundane."

"..."

"Hey, you know you can share anything that's bothering you with me,"
Yuri says as she walks over to her best friend's side. "If you're scared about tomorrow's major event, seeing that person who has already hurt you, we can submit or request an adjustment to Chaewon unnie, She's our friend—"

"I appreciate your help, Yul," Minju sighs, "but there's no need for you to do that. Also, our personal lives should not interfere with our profession."

"Well, just let me know if you're feeling claustrophobic and want to leave the event tomorrow early."

"Okay, I'll consider that, thanks again."

The two ladies went on with their activities. Meanwhile, the actress's mind was still full of endless thoughts that kept circling around. Minju acknowledged that she is anxious about the event tomorrow and that she will have to meet her ex-boyfriend there and pretend that they are strangers.

The actress/model was still apprehensive about seeing the guy's face since she knew it will shatter her heart once more. Minu definitely needs to put on her actress mask and appear as if she's always portraying when she's working or meeting other people in the entertainment industry.

The poor woman has no idea who she is anymore, where she should be, or where her chosen path might lead her in the near future.

She's also pondering where this love she still can't let go of will lead her, a love she thought would stay but was shattered in a short period of time due to their statuses and those who oppose it.

Minju is becoming restless and exhausted as a result of the events that have occurred and are now occurring in her life. She wishes that time would speed up so that she might finally be free of the room's many troubles and disarray.

The lovely girl didn't want to enter the showbiz world in the first place since she knows how stressful and exhausting it can be, but she was encouraged by someone from her past who told her how amazing and famous she would be in the future if she did.

That one person never ceases to laud Minju on her acting and modelling abilities, not to mention how the latter reacts whenever Minju plays the guitar and sings.

When Minju was about to give up, someone else's words would appear out of nowhere and give her the boost and strength she needed to keep going and not give up.

"Minguri, you're amazing!"

"I'm forever rooting for you, and I know that if you show them your musical and acting talent, you'll have a good career in the showbiz and music industries."

"I wanted to be the first fan to get your autograph, and as such I'm going to all of your fan meetings and won't miss even one!"

"If you ever find yourself losing hope and about to give up, remember that time, like change, is constant, a reminder that whatever you're going through or whatever it is that makes you want to give up and lose hope are just nightmares, and all you have to do is stay calm and strengthen your mentality to gain control and wake up."

It was just a few of those words that would come to Minju's mind and make her giggle and feel energized. Unbeknownst to her, Yuri was staring at her, perplexed, as to why she was suddenly laughing while staring at the empty space.

'Oh Lord, I'm delighted that my best friend here is laughing, but it freaks me out at the same time,' Yuri reflected.

"Can we talk about something else, Min?" Yuri asks out of nowhere, startling the actress.