CHAPTER 8: She cares

Third person's POV

"Okay from the top once more!"

Even though there was still half a day until the main event started, Minju could only pant in tiredness as they made their way back to the backstage. She also had a racing heart from being so anxious.

The music then started to play loudly as the models lined up and prepared for another round of modelling. As if on cue, they all fixed themselves and awaited the floor director's command.

As Minju's turn approached, she unintentionally tripped over her own foot and fell with a thud on her bottom, causing her to groan in pain. The staff and the other models rushed to assist her in standing up.

"Miss Kim, are you okay, oh my god?"

Despite the fact that her bottom was hurting from the impact, Minju lied and said, "Y-yeah, I-I am OK, thank you."

The actress reflected, 'Gosh, I am lucky enough to be wearing flat shoes rather than my heels.'

The director adds graciously, getting a thank you from the models and from her as well, "Let's take a break from here, you all can now rest for a bit."

As soon as Minju entered her dressing room, her manager questioned, "Hey, that's a hard fall, are you sure you're okay?"

Minju muttered as she sat slightly back on one of the couch rails to prevent more injury. "That frickin hurt for sure," she said.

"I'm still grateful you're not wearing heels, who knows, you might twist your ankle if you were."

"uh-huh, that's what I thought."

"Do you want some ice?"

The actress responds incredulously, "Are you suggesting I put some ice on my butt? really, Yul?"

"What? At least it will aid you, "

"No, it won't happen."

"All right, suffer."

"ah Yah!"

Yuri calmly looks at her phone before answering as their minor argument is interrupted by a phone call.

"Yeah?"

[unnie! We just want to know how Minju unnie is doing, I'm with Eunbi and Hyewon unnie, anyway. ]

Yuri stares at the bewildered pepe frog in front of her and adds, emphasizing the word 'Fine,' "Oh, well you don't have to worry about this Princess here, She's really fine."

"Who were you speaking to? Are you disparaging me?"

"Shh,"
Yuri warned her, "I'll just let you guys know when. Yes pup."

[Thank you, and best of luck with the event!]

A still bewildered frog appeared in front of Yuri as she placed her phone down.

"They claimed they'll be practically monitoring you for the event tonight,"

The actress states in a distressed voice, "I must not allow my clumsiness get the best of me and ruin the show by inadvertently slipping or whatever clumsy thing it is then."

Yuri tries to cheer her up by saying, "Don't think like that, for sure you'll be alright and would perform fantastic."

The actress could only utter, "Yeah, I sure hope so."

The quietness between Chaewon and her sister Hitomi as they ate their meal on the opposite side was deafening. The siblings were eating their meals while facing each other and remaining silent the entire time.

As she stood up to pick up her phone, the ebony-haired girl said, "I'll pick you up after your class." without giving the young girl a chance to respond.

Watching her older sister leave the dining area, Hitomi could only suppress her sadness. She felt that Chaewon was too different from what their father had told her about her.

'Does she object to my presence here?' The young girl pondered,

When their grandma informed that the youngest child would be moving in with her going forwards, Hitomi was ecstatic. However, after a few days with her older sister, Hitomi couldn't help but feel incredibly lonely despite her presence.

How cold the latter was with Hitomi, treating her like a random child whom she was made to care for, the young child had no notion why her sister had such a negative attitude towards her.

'Did I do something that she didn't like, but I've been good to her since I got here,' She wondered.

Chaeyeon, who had witnessed everything from where she was standing, sighs and approaches the child, sitting down next to her so that the child would not have to stare at her through glassy eyes. The small child eagerly accepted the ice-blonde girl's invitation to give her a hug.

Chaeyeon softly stroked the child's hair who's sobbing inaudibly and whispered, "She was simply weary, baby. Don't think about her disliking you."

"I simply want to return to my granny, I don't want to stay here, anymore."

"Hey baby, look at unnie."
Chaeyeon gently pulled the child out of the hug and said, "How about your Chaewon unnie? Since you weren't here to watch over her anymore, she'll be left here alone with ghosts."

"S-she's big enough to take on those by herself, " The child sulked.

"Remember the last time I told you about her crying because a ghost scared her? She may have appeared tough on the outside, but inside, she was just a baby like you."

The Kid proudly exclaims, while clumsily wiping away her tears, "B-but I am more brave than her, I can fight ghost!"

"There you go, the mighty Hi-chan," The ice-blonde girl chuckles. "You must stay and protect her because, although she may not seem to care, I guarantee you that she does love you."

The only thing left for Chaeyeon to do was to speak with Chaewon about this as soon as possible because she knew how smart Hitomi is and that she doesn't fall for tricks very often, but she also understood that she still had a child inside of her.

The little girl nodded her head adorably and said, "Okay, I'll give her another chance unnie."

"You're really amazing, give me some!" With smiles on their faces, the two give each other a fist bump. 

Unbeknownst to the older girl, Hitomi secretly wished Chaeyeon was her sister rather than the other girl who treated her so coldly.

****

 "Thank you to each and every one of you for attending this evening's event," The male host said. "We are delighted that you have joined us this evening. We are excited to have the opportunity to host this most anticipated grand event for this year and to witness the fashionable new Fall-Winter collection of clothing By Célystene apparel and St. 𝑌rene Co."

The female host followed by saying, "We promised you the newest in Fall-Winter fashion, and I feel the girls have fulfilled that with their choices. Now for the Fashion Presentation! I am proud to accompany you through the show today and tell you about our gorgeous young models." 

As the media began to document the event, all cameras were flashing, and celebrities, famous people, and other special guests were present wearing their best attire.

Along with the other staff members and designers, Chaewon and Sakura who were in the backstage area were inspecting each model and making sure everything was in order.

One of the models present is an actress who is shaking slightly from anxiety and is having difficulties calming down. This is how she always acts at major events like this one.

Minju flinched in surprise when Chaewon approached her and tentatively patted her back after noticing her.

Chaewon instantly apologises, "I'm sorry for scaring you out, but I just wanted to check on you. Don't worry, you'll be alright."

"...B-but what if I slipped or trip over this dress and fall then I—"

Chaewon interrupted her and tried to reassure her, "Hey, hey easy and try to calm down, there's nothing for you to worry about just breathe and relax, okay?"

Chaewon curses in her head because she is aware that whatever she was saying to her was absurd and made no sense at all. The latter are incapable of soothing or simply calming someone down.

However, from Minju's perspective, the ebony haired woman had managed to calm her down simply by staring into her warm amber eyes, which contrasted with the cold vibe they gave her on other days, and her soothing, sweet voice, which made her heart beat at ease in contrast to the usual chilly tone of her voice from before.

both are too engrossed at staring at each other that they forgot about their surroundings, Minju glance to the others who's busy on their own, she took the chance to hug the older girl in front of her she even felt a little jolt from the ebony haired girl.

She muttered, "Thank you," and backed away.