CHAPTER 6: The first photoshoot under Célystene

Third person's POV

"Are we completely prepared?"
 The director inquires.

"Yes, sir, everything is in order."

"All right, call the model here so we can get started right away,"
The Director adds, and one of the staff members nods and exits the studio.

Minju was sitting in the dressing room with her eyes closed, dressed elegantly in one of Célystene's anticipated new collections.

On the other side, her manager was present and checked her itinerary following the session. A few quiet knocks followed by echoes caused them to pause what they were doing.

"The Director instructed me to call you ma'am to get started," one of the staff members said as the door opened slightly before even one of them checked who it was.

Minju nodded and rose from her seat, straightening her outfit a little and checking herself in the mirror before leaving the room with her manager trailing behind.

As Minju walked down the hallway on her way to the studio, the employees on the other side couldn't help but halt and gawk at the model/actress.

"She is indeed a Goddess," whispers one of the staffs,

"It's no surprise she's the visual queen of this generation, especially given how many people praise her on her acting abilities."

"Mr. Hwang Hyunjin's statement perplexed me as to why she isn't his ideal type."

"If I were in his shoes, I might date her," he says.

That was simply a few of murmurs the actress could clearly hear, not to mention the final two comments annoyed her.

Yuri, who was walking alongside her, could only tap her on the back that sends, 'Don't mind them,' which Minju understood. As a result, the actress/model brushed it aside.

The sound of cameras flashing can be heard ringing around the studio, and the workers can't help but gaze and mumble about Minju's breath taking beauty.

The photo shoot had just begun and had only been a few minutes when the door opened, revealing the CEO, causing a momentary disruption.

"What?" she asked, perplexed. "Continue with the photoshoot, I came here to check."

Chaewon then walked alongside the Director, with her assistant and Butler trailing after her. Minju can't help but feel strangely conscious of other visitors who are now watching her as the photoshoot resumes.

'How come I'm suddenly nervous?' The model think to herself.

Minju continued to make graceful postures as the shooting progressed, shrugging off the thoughts that were flooding her mind. Chaewon, on the other hand, was staring at her so intently that Minju could see and feel the tension.

Minju exited the studio a few moments later to change clothes and prepare for the next round. Chaewon and the Director were then left alone with the staffs.

"She's the most beautiful of all the models out there, ma'am. You made a wise choice in choosing our model."

"I'm not the one who chose her, Mrs. Ranhee did," Chaewon says casually as she examines the photographs. "But I'm not going to argue about her being a visual prodigy," she adds.

Minju had just entered after a quick change of apparel and heard the CEO's praises, unbeknownst to her. Chaewon could only clear her throat and look away as she realised it.

The CEO's small movements were not unnoticed by her assistant and butler, who covertly grinned. the second round of shooting began, with the clicking noises of the cameras echoing throughout the studio.

Chaewon exited the studio with her assistant and butler trailing behind her after the first shooting was completed successfully. The CEO was privately pleased with the project's successful launch.

Her phone rang while they were walking back to her office, so she picked it up and looked at the caller's ID before answering it with a grumble.

"What now?"

[Oh, my daughter, what's up with that greeting?]

By the petulant tone of her father on the other line, the CEO was fighting back the need to puke.

"I don't have all day to deal with you, Dad,"

[What makes you so cruel? Anyway, may I ask a favor of you? ]

"Even if I decline, you'll still bother me,"
she grumbled as she tousled her hair, "Now tell me what it is?"

[Well, your grandmother was having problems looking for your rambunctious younger sister Hi-chan, so she asked if she might send her to you tomorrow, and I was brave enough to ask you to look after her while we were away.]

"Oh, that's brilliant,"
Chaewon cynically responds. "Not only was I summoned here to run a company, but also to babysit."

[Chaewon...you're— she's your sister, that kid who hasn't even grown up with you by her side, she's looking for sisterly affection, and you're the only one who can offer it to her. Isn't this an ideal opportunity for you two to get to know one another? ]

"...I'm hanging up, I still have a meeting to attend to."
She hung up without waiting for her father's response and scoffed.

Chaewon sat in her office with a salty expression on her face, which made her other friends curious as to what her father had say to her, causing her mood to plummet.

"You were in a good mood just a few minutes ago, then you acted like a mad baby cheetah after that phone conversation," her butler remarked.

"What did Uncle say to make you frown so much?"

"...he asked me to look after my younger sister."

Her assistant confirmed, "You mean that cute little devil Hi-chan?" to which the latter replied with a hum.

"What's wrong with looking after your little sister?"

"Same question here, isn't getting along a nice thing for you as well?"

"I came here to work, and that's all there is to it."

When Chaeyeon and Yena hear their boss's response, they both shake their heads in sync, not appreciating the CEO's attitude.

They wanted to nag her, but they chose to remain silent because they knew why the youngest was acting so rudely. So they may reserve it for a later day when it is required, but for now they must concentrate on their duties.

                                                              {Inside the St. 𝑌rene apparel building}

The Pink-haired CEO was in the process of signing a stack of papers on her desk when she heard light knocks.

"Come in," she said as she went about her business.

A good looking young man entered her office, clutching the hand of a lovely little girl.

"Please forgive me for interrupting your work, Miss Sakura, but young lady Nako pleaded to pay you a visit."

Sakura then put the papers on her desk aside and stared at the two figures in front of her. The man can't help but gulp in fright at the intensity of that stare, while the little girl beside him grins.

Sakura orders the 6 year old child in front of her, "Come here, you little penguin."