CHAPTER 16: End of the line

Third person's Pov

The three women, who were dressed casually, were now getting ready for their flight back to France.

Chaewon asks the icy blonde haired woman who is still laying on the sofa, "Have you already packed up?"

She replies lethargically, "Yeah,"

 Concerned, Yena asked their acquaintance as she sipped tea, "Mind telling what's the explanation of that dullness demeanour of yours?"

"Well, I don't even know what was happening to me." The butler, who is getting frustrated, adds, "Hyewon informed me the conversation she had with Sakura went well, and that Sakura even wished for her relationship with Eunbi unnie to last,"

"And after that?" Yena and Chaewon smirked together as they anticipated where the conversation would go.

Chaeyeon asks them with a troubled look on her face, "I-I simply notice that...I c-care about Lady Miyawaki too much, aren't I? It was strange to worry for her as though she were someone... ah, never mind."

"I suppose it was the impact of the first impression,"

Yena nodded in agreement while grinning, "I mean she did give our Lee Chaeyeon here a lasting impression that it even left a scar on her lips."

Chaewon joined in the taunting, "That's a strong left hook for you, my friend."

In her distress, Chaeyeon could only sigh and think about a certain Japanese girl.

"Since the incident just a few days ago, we are also concerned about her, to be honest."

"I'm glad you're with her that night,"

 FLASHBACK

Another two vehicles follow in hot pursuit as the sound of screeching wheels reverberates down the dark road. Nearly 30 minutes have passed as the leading car is being chased through the night on an unfamiliar, dark route away from the city's skyscrapers.

The icy blonde haired driver was speeding along when a voice from the shotgun seat yelled, "Just where the bloody hell are you driving us?!"

"Can you shut it so I can deal with those killers of yours!"

Earlier, Chaeyeon was set to drive Sakura home but she ended up in this situation, which was making her furious. The butler had previously contacted their friends, but none of them had answered the call.

"I told you to call the cops, but you're acting too cocky and insisting you can handle it on your own!"

"..."

Chaeyeon looks in the car's side mirror before grumbling and chewing her tongue. They were approaching a junction with a cliff when she quickly shifted the gear and stepped on the accelerator.

As the car headed directly for a precipice, Sakura screamed in panic, "Yah, what are you thinking?!"

As Chaeyeon's auto was edging closer to the cliff, she immediately drifted and took a left turn. The two cars behind them also picked up pace and were almost able to catch up.

A smirk curved up in her lips as she watched the two vehicles' descent onto the cliff in the rearview mirror. She then started to slow down and pull over to the side of the road. Without saying a word, she got out of the car and started running toward the precipice.

Chaeyeon breathes in relief as she feels like she can finally calm down a bit after witnessing the two vehicles explode and catch fire.

"Ow—what was that for?!" She growled after being punched in the shoulder by a furious Sakura.

"Do you even realise how terrified I am to think that you will lead us up that fucking cliff?!"

Chaeyeon pauses when she witnesses a tear stream from the Japanese girl's eye. The older girl was also trembling a little.

Sakura clenches her fists and mutters, "J-just w-what w-would Nako feel if...I die."

Chaeyeon was ready to approach her and comfort her when a left hook unexpectedly struck her. Fortunately, she caught it with her hand.

"I fucking hate you!"

Chaeyeon answered, pulling her by the hand and giving her a hug. "...I know," she said.

The Japanese shouted, "Let go of me!" and attempted to break free, but Chaeyeon held her even tighter.

"I'm sorry,"

As she gripped to the coat of her former butler, Sakura mumbled, "I'm tired of hearing those..."

"I hope you keep in mind that I won't let anything happen to you while I am here with you."

"Tsk, don't make pledges to me, I know you merely said those because you're vying for my forgiveness," by that Chaeyeon's hug on her loosens, "Did I hit the bulls eye?"

She asked, a somber tone in her voice, "Do you really think that I am doing all of these for that reason?"

"What else could there possibly be, anyway."

'Yeah, what even I am thinking.' The butler says in her mind,

After combing her hair, Chaeyeon sighed and said, "Get back in the car, I'll take you home." She then started to walk back toward the vehicle.

With a bitter smile on her lips, Sakura murmurs, "I honestly thought you were different from them...." before following her into the vehicle.

They were all silent the entire time Chaeyeon drove her boss home, and when they got out, Sakura was about to walk inside when someone stopped her with a hand.

Chaeyeon said, "...I, myself, don't even know the reason why. I knew it from the start that you'll never forgive me, and If you're thinking I did those simply for that matter, believe me or not I didn't."

"..."

"I apologise once more for earlier, don't worry, this will be the last time you'll be seeing my face. Also, I just wanted to let you know that you weren't the only one who lost everything that day..." She continues, letting go of her arm, "It was wonderful working with you Lady Miyawaki, I'm going now."