CHAPTER 18: The dark side [⚠⚠]

Used song: Used to the darkness by Des Rocs

Video linked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MrRi-2nokM

~
~
~

Present Day...

A last gunshot can be heard echoing, followed by a thud as another body hits the chilly ground in the confined alleyway. A group of bodies are laying coldly on the ground with blood gushing out of each one. As the rain have eventually stopped with the sky still grows increasingly gloomy, making it more difficult to foretell that such catastrophic event have occurred.

The only person still holding a gun in her hand was the young woman with the ice-cold locks. She used her free hand to wipe the blood from the guys she had killed off of her face.

She sighed and put the revolver into the dumpster before sitting on one of the two stacked men's bodies, pulling her phone from her pocket, and making a call.

[Oh, Thank you for calling, you got the grand prize!]

When she heard an absurd remark on the other side, the girl could only scoff.

"You are aware that it was the most inane phone call response, right?"

[Boo, Anyway, Yeon, I'm in the throes of a preparation for party hosted by the La Cohue clan. Do you need anything? ]

When the clan name was mentioned, Chaeyeon's ears perked up in interest and she unintentionally licked her lips.

"When will the party be?"

[It seems to have piqued your interest. Well, it takes place in one of their casinos tomorrow night.]

"Hmm, and by the way, Wonyoung's flight back there needs to be booked immediately,"
She reply.

[How are you doing? Are you sure you won't return here?]|

Chaeyeon took the phone out of her ear and snapped a photo of the dead bodies of the impoverished men surrounding her before sending it to the person on the other end of the line.

Following a brief delay, the person she was speaking with on the other side muttered something amusing.

[It appears from what you've shown us, according to Chaewon, that you haven't retired.]

"Who says I'm retired?"

[Oh, well, I suppose it was maintaining a low profile, don't we? ]

"I won't disturb you further, I just wanted to let you two know what's going on in this place."

[Okay, then, good luck with the disposal of the meats you have there.]

She gave the bodies one more glance before getting up from her seat as a long sound of cut lines echoed.

She growls, "What a pile of useless shits, " before heaving a sigh and embarking on her task.

After nearly an hour, Chaeyeon gets in her car and leaves the alleyway. She is grateful that no one is around or that there are no passing cars. She did check to see if there were any CCTV cameras, but none were there.

A few kilometers distant, an explosion bursts from the area she had just left. She watches a black smoke drift while grinning smugly as she glances in her rearview mirror of her car.

'I haven't had this much fun in a while, I reckon.' The girl pondered,

After a brief bout of light tiredness, she turned to the audio in her car and decided to put on a song to pass the time.

{♫ Used to the darkness by Des Rocs♫ }

 [Verse 1]

♫I've made mistakes,
the Lord struck me down
Caught in a landslide,
lost underground I hear them gates,
swing open loud Come close to midnight,
 hell fade me down♫

 [Pre-Chorus]

 ♫And then my eyes got used to the darkness
 And everyone that I knew
Was lost and so long forgotten after you♫

[Chorus]
 ♫Now would you pray before you twist the knife?
 Yeah, would you take my hand and take a life?
I'm too damn young to give up on the light I'm used to the darkness,
 I'm used to the darkness♫    

Chaeyeon grinned as she put her foot on the gas pedal to increase the pace of the car since she found the music to be rather calming and peaceful.