CHAPTER 13: It's gonna be alright

Third-person POV

It had only been an hour, and as their group enjoyed the rides and explored the amusement park, everything was going according to plan.

The horror house was their final visit before their food break, but Chaeyeon made the decision to stay outside and wait with the others who also refrained from entering.

In the end, Chaeyeon, Hyewon, Chaewon, Sakura, and the two children were left outside in the cottage as Wonyoung, Yujin, Eunbi, Minju, Yuri, and Yena entered the horror house.

Both Hitomi and Nako were dozing off, one was in Chaeyeon's arms and the other was in Chaewon's. It's possible that the two kids were worn out from playing and running around.

Chaewon thinks to herself, 'I prefer being here with these guys with an uneasy atmosphere than risking my life in that horror house.'

The ebony-haired girl wasn't very resilient to ghosts and anything associated with them. Even after unintentionally viewing only a brief portion of a horror film that Yena had been watching in France at the time at her home, she experienced sleeplessness. It was also the first and final time she experienced fear of ghosts and horror films.

On the other hand, Hyewon, who couldn't tolerate the silence and had a chance to communicate to Sakura, ventured to speak.

"Can I have a minute with you, Sakura-sshi?"

As Chaeyeon turned to look at the girl in question and prepared to inform Hyewon that the girl wasn't feeling well, Sakura surprised her with an unexpected response.

"Sure,"

The response from Hyewon's former best friend shocked her, but she was also relieved. They both got up and left, leaving Chaewon and Chaeyeon there in a state of confusion.

The younger girl turns to Chaeyeon, who has been watching the two with concern, and says, "It's going to be alright unnie."

"I sincerely hope so since I wanted them to be free of the past."

"Even though it has been a long time after the incident, those persons' wounds are still not fully healed."

Chaeyeon asked while locking eyes with the younger, "Anyway, how's it going with you and Minju?"

"It's like rekindling our old friendship because everything is going well."

"That's good to hear, so are you still not trying to move?" Chaeyeon asked the girl across from her, who gave her a frown. "Come on, isn't this a great opportunity for you to line up and be seen?"

"Stop, I don't want to rush what we already have, and wouldn't allowing her time to move on from her former relationship be a good place to start?"

Chaeyeon shrugs and says, "A reasonable point, but I hope you don't get to relax about that matter. From what I've seen, most people who have a broken heart tend to look for another person who will aid and provide the love they searched instead of resting."

It caused Chaewon to pause for a bit to consider her options before sighing as she realised what she would do to assist Minju in healing and give her ears a respite.

"I wanted to be the person she'll look at for a potential one to start again. I think being there alongside her and taking care of her is enough move to help her recover for a little while and be ready to open her heart once more to love."

When the younger girl responded, Chaeyeon mentally grinned because she could sense her commitment and eagerness to wait for Minju.

"You know what, if you were my type and not in love with someone else, I might have dated you."