CHAPTER 11: The prodigious model from France

Third person's POV

Since their earlier conversation, the actress has been lost in her thoughts and is genuinely dying to know what promise her grandmother was referring to.

The photo shoot had just wrapped, but Minju remained seated on the bench beneath the large tree by the pond.

She still hasn't thanked her boss for defending her in the incident a week ago when her heart was still healing from the damage her ex-lover Hyunjin had done on that event.

Minju lets out a sigh as she hugs herself, relishing the cool breeze against her skin as she watches the sun had finally set. She was about to stand up and prepare to walk back home while only wearing a skirt and a sleeveless top.

When she looked up after feeling a warm cloth being placed on her shoulder, she was met with a set of amber eyes.

"Your granny ordered me to fetch you, shall we go?" The girl with the ebony hair replies. "You might catch a cold with simply wearing this kind of clothes."

Before grasping Chaewon's hand, Minju looked at the older girl's stretched-out hand and waited for her to take it. She then turned to face her and hummed.

The two of them walk silently as the atmosphere looks almost mystical thanks to the lamp posts that illuminate their path at twilight. A few firefly lamps that were hanging from the trees added some additional lighting.

"Um...I-thank you for protecting me that evening at the event, and I'm sorry for Hyunjin's treatment of you—"

Chaewon cuts her sentence short, "It was not proper to apologise for something that you weren't at blame for, and just like I mentioned a week ago, your well-being is my concern since you work at my firm and... you're still my friend nevertheless."

Minju sighs and replies, "Y-yeah but I should've avoided him that night."

Chaewon cautiously inquires, "I don't really mean to be nosy, but are you two still together?" as she centres her vision on the path.

They are suddenly enveloped in silence, which served as a cue for Chaewon that the younger girl is reluctant to talk about it.

 She was ready to say something and recant it and apologise when Minju let out a few cries. She could only cuss in her head for being adept at making things difficult between them.

The ebony-haired girl's eyes enlarge at the sight and she screams in her mind, 'Fuck, did I just make her cry?'

"H-hey I am sorry I really didn't mean to—" When Chaewon was embraced by Minju, who was still sobbing in her arms, she was unable to complete her sentence.  "Hey..."

Minju was worn out mentally, physically, and emotionally. She had been keeping everything to herself ever since Hyunjin had asked her for space one night, and just a few weeks later, when they had run into each other at the event, he had told her that he wanted her back.

 However, it creeps her how the young man eyes flare in a different intentions, so she rejected the idea, and that is when their argument began.

Minju believes that her life is turning into a roller coaster, and she has now break down in front of someone she knows who can provide her with the same sense of security as in the past.

Back there, Chaewon has always been by Minju's side, the one who has always given her a shoulder to cry on. It's ironic that they crossed paths on the same day Minju was strolling around the park, dejected from losing her parents.

~Flashback~

A tall female hands a piece of paper to the brunette girl with short hair who is setting up her guitar and says, "Chae unnie, here's the song list that we'll perform later."

Their band was given the opportunity to perform in the middle of the park, and the profits they received would go toward their club booth. They were all occupied setting up their instruments and will just play a few audience-selected cover songs.

Yuri reminded her, "Chae unnie, we have two minutes before we begin," and she nodded in agreement.

Before taking a breath, Chaewon grabbed her guitar and adjusted the mic stand. She then looked at the list in front of her. She then turned to look at the throng of people waiting for them to start, but a particular female caught her eye.

The girl was simply sitting there with her head bowed and half of her face hidden by her hair. When the girl looked up and their eyes connected, Chaewon felt as though she had been struck by a bolt of love because the girl's face was so stunningly lovely.

Nevertheless, despite her rapid recognition of the unknown girl's beauty, grief can be seen in those two honey-colored orbs.

Chaewon was called back when Yujin called her, "Chae unnie?"

"Oh, I'm sorry."

Chaewon felt the impulse to sing the brunette girl a song to comfort her as she looked back at her from where she was now staring down once again.

"Yuj, can we add one more song to the playlist for today?"

Holding the drumsticks, Yujin responded bewildered, "Eh? I believe that's alright."

"Would you mind starting with one of my fave songs, please?"

Yuri says while holding her base guitar, "Go on, We'll follow your lead."

Chaewon began by wishing everyone a good day and said, "I appreciate you giving us your time and waiting for us to perform. I hope you guys enjoy our first song."

Following a round of applause, Chaewon began playing her guitar.