CHAPTER 20: A helping hand

~~A chapter dedicated to Chaekkura...

~~~***

As Eunbi guided Kkura through the gate, she reminded her, "Take care on your way home, Kkura."

"Of course, thank you Eunbi-chan."

Another recognizable car pulled up just as she was going to head over to her vehicle. It came to a stop in front of Eunbi's house, and a girl stepped out.

When Chaeyeon approached them in her messy, bloodied state, the two elder women were alarmed.

"...Just what did you do this time—and my clothes!" Eunbi yell whilst pointing at her precious clothes.

The young woman was relieved to see the Japanese girl and thought, 'Thank Goodness, she was still here.'

The Japanese blurted out in alarm, "Why is it that you always return here with those wounds and blood stains—Just what have you been doing?!"

 Chaeyeon didn't bother to speak to them as she opened the back door and proceed on carrying Minju's battered and unconscious body.

"I need aid," she pleads.

The two elder women promptly assist Chaeyeon and transport Minju's body inside despite their horror at seeing the actress in such a state.

Chaeyeon gasped as she observed a hidden medical room behind Eunbi's bookcases in her room. "Oh, wow, you have that here in your house?"

"This house was created by Irene Unnie, who also included a secret area for use in an emergency."

Chaeyeon places Minju's lifeless body on the bed covered in white sheets.

The Japanese question in confirmation, "W-wait you mean, Bae Joo Hyun?" and Eunbi nods in agreement.

"She is my big sister."

"Wow, No surprise you look so much like her. 
She was the reason I had an ambition of becoming a doctor, I wanted to be like her or simply to be in her side someday." Sakura said, whispering the last words.

Chaeyeon butts in a little suspiciously irritated for no apparent reason, saying, "Pardon me for interrupting your enthusiasm but the patient here needs to be cured promptly."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

Chaeyeon continues, "And she's already married to someone."

"Eh? what do you mean, with whom?" Sakura asks blushing a bit after knowing that Chaeyeon might have heard her.

Eunbi replied instead, inspecting Minju's injured body, "Lee Seulgi."

"Lee Seulgi?"

Chaeyeon squeals with delight, "Yes, my cool older sister!" which caused Eunbi to giggle slightly.

 "Oh, but anyhow, are you sure you're okay?"
Sakura points at her still-bleeding cheek and said trying to change subject.

The youngster nonchalantly shrugged, "I'll probably Be fine, It's not like I've never experienced something like this before. I'll leave you folks here and be back for a moment later on since I still have some errands to run."

As a figure with ice blonde hair left the room, the Japanese watched in concern, and Eunbi could only smile.

"That brat's physique was like built of stone, so those injuries won't easily harm her. You worry about her too much, She'll be fine."

Sakura hastily responds, "I'm not!, why would I be thinking about that brat?," as she turns her back to cover her blushing cheeks and look for the supplies she'll need to cure Minju's injuries.

Eunbi thought, grinning, as she noticed the Japanese girl's pink ears, 'She's really a tsundere like what Hyewon had told me before.'

They both treated Minju's injured body for about an hour while occasionally speaking briefly. As she sat there by Minju's sleeping figure, Sakura was left to mull over the actress's condition as she stared blankly into space.

The latter was so lost in thoughts that she was oblivious to a figure entering into the room.

"Ahem," She turned around after hearing a throat clearing behind her and saw the girl, who was still bleeding and battered. " Another patient has just come. Can the doctor treat me now?"

"...But, didn't you say that you wouldn't need it and would be fine on your own?" Sakura blithely said.

"Well, if you ask me, yeah, but that shorty granny down there has forced me here and threatens to add more wounds to my body if I don't get treated — you wouldn't want to see her mad, believe me."