Flames

"Scott!" Jimmy watched from the bunker as his husband was shot by an arrow, feeling helpless. He wanted to save Scott, but he couldn't, it was too late. Scott's body fell lifeless to the floor. Jimmy knew he would respawn soon, he would see Scott again, but still, seeing his husband being shot brought tears to his eyes. He had to avenge Scott.

Tears fell from Jimmy's eyes as he watched Scott lying in front of him, feeling like he couldn't do anything to save him. 

"J-Jimmy..." Jimmy turned to look at Lizzie, a curious expression on his face. "L-Look..." Jimmy turned back to where Lizzie was pointing and was shocked to see Scott still laying in the same spot, but all around him spikes of ice had started shooting up from the ground. He was so confused.

Lizzie suddenly turned her attention to Lauren when she heard a sizzling sound. Her expression changed to confusion when she saw flames surrounding her body. "Wh-What?" 

Jimmy followed her gaze. As soon as he saw the fire, he ran over to her, worried that she would burn, but to his surprise, as he grew closer, the flames rose higher, threatening Jimmy to stay away. He jumped back in shock and the flames immediately settled down.

Scott felt power suddenly shoot through his veins once again, breaking out of his paralyzed state. He slowly opened his eyes to see Lizzie and Jimmy both looking at something outside of the cell. He sat up, surprised that he wasn't struggling, then looked over to see Lauren surrounded in flames. 

The door suddenly opened and in came Xornoth, walking straight to Lauren. Thinking fast, Scott quickly shot a warning ice spike out of his hand, feeling his hand freeze a bit. Scott had successfully surrounded Xornoth in a circle of ice within seconds. "Leave our sister alone!" Jimmy and Lizzie both turned to face Scott, shocked at what had just happened.

"Look who's learnt to use their power." Xornoth smirked, for some reason he didn't seem too fazed that he was trapped in ice.

After Jimmy had processed what had happened, he immediately ran at Scott, wrapping his arms around him, not caring that Scott was making Jimmy cold, he was just happy Scott was awake. Scott quickly wrapped his arms around Jimmy as well. "Y-You're ok!" Happy tears were falling down Jimmy's face, Scott smiling madly. 

"Hello? Evil villain still here." Xornoth seemed to be getting impatient. Scott and Jimmy's affection was making him sick.

Lauren's eyes slowly opened, taking in the scene. She noticed the flames around her and fear suddenly settled in. She sat up and started screaming. 

"Lauren!" Scott let go of Jimmy and ran over to the bars between him and his sister, Jimmy ran after him, while Lizzie just walked behind them, not as worried. "It's ok, you're controlling the fire, you can put it out." Scott tried to calm her down.

"H-How?"

"Uh, you guys are so annoying. Lauren, you can control fire, Scott can control ice, and I can control the darkness." Xornoth rolled his eyes as if it was the simplest thing to rap their heads around.

"Wh-Wha-" Lauren turned to look at Xornoth, confusion in her eyes.

"Lauren!" Lauren turned to face Scott. "Just concentrate on the fire disappearing. You can do it, I believe in you."

Lauren closed her eyes and thought about the cold coming from the ice in the room. She thought about the cold and putting out the fire. Within seconds the flames had calmed down and slowly disappeared into nothing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this chapter is shorter than normal, I just wanted to get a chapter out because I haven't posted in a while.

I hope you are enjoying the story so far!