It's now or never...

Jimmy collapsed to his knees, his worry taking over at the thought of Scott being in danger. The only thoughts going around his head were ones of worry and fury at why he hadn't stopped Scott from going.

They could have defeated the demon together, escaped together, went on living their lives in piece and Scott wouldn't be, who knows where, in danger. Jimmy couldn't help but blame it all on himself, he had an opportunity to convince Scott to stay with him, but instead he gave in all too easy, he should have fought.

"Jimmy..." Lizzie bent down to comfort her brother, hating to see him this upset. Although it wasn't as bad as when he had had a mental breakdown when Scott was taken, it still seemed just as upset.

Jimmy pulled his legs up to his chest, hugging them tight while letting out a sniff. "It's my fault he's gone, I should have stopped him, I-"

Lizzie gently placed her hand on his back, rubbing it soothingly as she tried her best to comfort her brother. "It's not your fault he left, he made up his mind and there was no changing it. You know how stubborn he is."

Jimmy let out a slight chuckle before going back to his worrying. "I still should have done something." His voice was beginning to waver slightly as he spoke.

"There was nothing you could do."

----------

Scott looked around the area in bewilderment. The room was dark, almost unable to see the others in the room. In the centre on the ground in front of them was a large outline of a strange symbol, Scott couldn't quite place what it looked like, but there was something about it that was oddly familiar.

Around the symbol there seemed to be warn-out pedestals circling it, weird floating black balls sitting just above each of them. Xornoth stood in the centre of the circle, his figure just seeable in the darkness of the room.

Joey had been told to wait outside because, as Xornoth put it, this was a 'family matter.' Scott and Lauren were happy about that because it made their plan easier to carry out, they just had to find the right time.

"Lauren, stand over there." Xornoth pointed to one of the pedestals, signalling for Lauren to stand behind it. She turned to face Scott, uncertainty written all over her face. Scott gave a slight nod before Lauren hesitantly walked over and stood in her place.

A smirk appeared across Xornoth's face, realizing that they would do whatever he said to make sure their lives as well as their friends lives would stay safe. "Good. Scott, over there." He pointed to another pedestal that was directly opposite Lauren.

Scott obliged, walking over and standing behind it. "Let's get started shell we?" Xornoth continued to coach the two through the process, giving them instructions on what to do.

It was now or never...

----------

I hope you are all enjoying the story so far.

What do you think there plan is? Will it work? How will Jimmy cope with Scott missing?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on what you think is going to happen next.