Disappearing act

Scott's frantic eyes scanned the dark room, his head turning in every direction as he searched for his brother. "He's nowhere, it's like he just vanished into thin air." he spoke quickly, his voice slightly shaky as he turned back to his sister who still lay on her side next to him.

Her eyes widened in confusion. "That's impossible, he had to have gone somewhere." She attempted to push herself up from the hard ground, but her arms decided otherwise, causing her to fall back down.

Scott noticed and immediately took the role of a worried brother. "You need to rest, don't push yourself. Once you've got your strength back we can figure this out." He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder to assure her.

"No, this can't wait. Our villainous brother is potentially out there somewhere causing chaos, and you're stuck here with me because I'm too weak to put a stop to him! You go, I'll catch up with you when I get my strength back."

The elf looked at her in confusion before he quickly became worried. "No! No way am I leaving you here defenceless while I go hunt down out dangerous brother! What if something happens to you while I'm gone?"

Lauren gave a weak smile, forcing herself to put on a brave face. "Scott, I'll be fine. I doubt he would come back here for a while, he's probably trying to use this time to form some kind of plan B, and as for Joey, let's be real, what's he really going to do?"

Scott gave her an unsure look before sighing and giving a slight nod. "Ok, but as soon as you see either of them just hide, don't try to fight them alone." He had a serious look on his face, as if daring her to argue.

She rolled her eyes, gently pushing herself up a bit, not feeling as weak as before. "I know."

Scott slowly stood, his eyes never leaving Lauren for a second. "Be careful."