5: The Side Mission

"I need your help to win this election,"

   "I apologize, Mr. Hong, but my plate is full right now. I've got lots of things to do at work which is why I wouldn't be able to lend a hand at you,"

"But I really need your help or else this lawyer might come at me again - he's such a hindrance," Joshua scoffs at the lawyer who he despised the most because the latter tried to take him down, but of course he failed as Joshua have lots of connection.

    "Is there really no other way?" he pleaded as Seungcheol shakes his head slowly as if he's sympathizing.

    Joshua stood up from his seat with a sheepish smile. "This leaves me with no choice, but to find someone, then,"

   "Anyways, it would be great to work with you, Seungcheol. After all, you are good at killing people and hiding it from the media,"

   "Well, you can pay a visit next time. I'll just give you heads-up on when I can lend you a hand,"

   "Looking forwards to that -- I need to go, anyways, for my campaign rally," Joshua shakes hands with Seungcheol and as he was about to leave the office, the door opened, revealing Haesoo.

   Haesoo bowed in respect to Joshua, the man did the same as they past by one another. "Got any updates?" Seungcheol asked as Haesoo walked towards him.

   "Yeah, last night I investigated these two and they're negative," Haesoo said as she put two documents on his desk.

   "And this leaves you with..." Seungcheol trailed off as he skimmed the documents.

   "...Jeonghan,"

   "Yeah," she nodded her head.

   "Anyways, I've got another assignment for you,"

   "Another one? But I'm not even done yet with Moriarty," Haesoo whined.

   "Don't worry, this is a minor one, you don't really have to do anything aside from killing this man," Seungcheol handed a picture of a man in his 50s, wearing a suit, eyes droopy, grey hair and stubbles.

   "Park Gihyun, CEO of Lesyeux pharmaceuticals is your target. Mr. Wang Heonri, CEO of REX pharmaceuticals, his foe in the medicine industry, have asked to assassinate Gihyun in exchange of a handsome amount of money," Seungcheol explained as he pulled out the check he got from earlier. As soon as Haesoo's eyes landed on the check that says a million, her eyes sparkled which caused Seungcheol to chuckle.

   "We'll split it in half,"

   "All right, I'm listening," Seungcheol laughs at his sister's sudden determination upon the mention of the price of the monetary.

   "He will be holding a party tonight to honor the anniversary of his company. I've got you an invitation there, so all you need to do is to dress pretty and kill him," Seungcheol pulled out the invitation and placed it on his desk.

   "And oh, the motif is masquerade so bring a mask,"

  "I'm in," Haesoo casually says.

  A rivalry between rich CEOs of famous companies. This is such a pretty common case which is a piece of cake. - Haesoo thought to herself.

***

   Soon, it was night. It was time for Haesoo to prepare for the party. She wore a one-shoulder sleeve, black, long dress with a slit so that she'll be able to pull out her gun from the holster that was strapped onto her leg. To make it more elegant, she wore a red rose brooch with rhinestones. The black eye-mask she wore has a laced veil which she purposely got, not because she wants to look more pretty, but to also conceal her identity

   Haesoo decided that it was a good idea to cover up more which is why she wore a black, short-haired, wavy wig so that people won't recognize her that much.

   She parked her car at the lot of the hotel venue. She stifled a sigh as she looked at the rear view mirror for the last time. "It's show time," she uttered as she applied red lipstick onto her lips before hopping out of the car.

   She made her way to the hotel, and to the venue where she was asked to show her invitation to which she complied to. "I'm with the music team," she added as she held a bag of violin. She was let inside, the vast ballroom with a chandelier and a red carpet laid by the entrance, overwhelmed her a bit since it will be a bit tough to find the target.

   She walked around, took a glass of champagne from the waiters walking around. She took a glance at the itinerary from the invitation she got.

  It shall start by now in any minute. - she thought to herself.

   "Good evening everyone! I would like to get your attention because we will now start," the host said.

   "For this gracious evening, I would like first to call on the CEO of the Lesyeux pharmaceuticals, Mr. Park Gihyun, to start off the night with a wonderful speech," the host added as everyone clapped there hand. On the stage, an old man with average height got up and took the spotlight.

  Target spotted. I shall shoot him later. - Haesoo thought to herself.

   "First and foremost, I would like to thank my wife, Park Lehi, for always staying by my side. Honey, I wouldn't be able to start the company without you - and you know what they say, behind every successful man is a woman," the crowd chuckled as they clapped which Haesoo did too in order to blend in.

   "And of course, to the staffs of my company. Thank you so much for working hard," he added.

   Amidst the speech, while everyone is at dazed. Haesoo took this advantage to find the perfect spot to kill him. She sneakily made her way upstairs until she reached the balcony part of the vast ballroom.

   In there, she began to set up the sniper rifle she snuck in with the violin bag. She placed the sniper rifle onto the edge and hid herself, by surrounding herself with empty boxes. She bended her body and looked through the scope, closing her other eye so she could focus.

   She pointed the gun at Gihyun who was still giving his speech.

   I can't shoot him right now because it would be too obvious. I should shoot him when the fireworks began, so that people wouldn't notice since the fireworks could conceal the noise of the gunshot. - she thought to herself.

   As she was lingering the scope of the sniper riffle, her vision caught someone familiar which made her eyes widened and mouth agape, letting out a gasp. "Why is he here--hold on, is that really--shit!" she muttered to herself as she continued to look at the familiar man in grey suit and red mask.

   I can't let him be involve here because I'm still not done investigating him! He can't die not until I find proof that he's Moriarty - she thought to herself.

   "Godamnit, Jeonghan, what are you doing here," she cussed to herself, stressed out.