12: A Night to Remember

Narrator's POV

   "...If I win this election, I will make sure to catch the killer behind this massacre. Everyone deserves justice, and I will be the one to deliver it in no time! I will catch this M killer and end the monstrosity in this city. I promise you a clean and peaceful home, everyone!" Joshua promised. The governor candidate was asked about his opinion towards the said massacre that had happened.

   Haesoo sat in front of the television, watching the night news as she began to get ready for her date with Jeonghan. Emotionless, she stared at the news that plastered the candidate's promise when he gets elected, and his supporters' never-ending cheer for him.

  Pfft. I can't believe that this man who runs a drug cartel around the city will be voted as a governor. Another fucked up government term. - Haesoo thought to herself with a taint of depair and hopelessness.

   Haesoo's thoughts were interrupted when her phone that sat on the center table, rang. She slipped her feet onto her red heels. "Are you on your way?"

   "Yes, Jeonghan! I'm almost there," Haesoo hurriedly grabbed her purse, and hastily left her apartment.

***

   It didn't take no time for Haesoo to reach Jeonghan's house. Jeonghan was flustered when he opened the door, only to be greeted with Haesoo wearing an elegant, black, tight dress that highlighted her figure. "C-Come in," Jeonghan smiled, as he let Haesoo in.

   "I cooked a lot, so eat up," Jeonghan said as he sat on the fancy, square table that was covered with a beige cloth, decorated with a candle, and filled with tons of food.

The lights were even dimmed in the dining room, and a low jazz musice even played from this small speaker. Jeonghan did indeed put a lot of effort in order to make it look like they're in a restaurant.

   "Wow, the effort, Jeonghan," Haesoo applaud, as she looked at the food that was dined on the table.

   "Y-You must be tired from work. Anyway, how's your day?" Jeonghan asked, as he put pasta on Haesoo's plate.

   "M-My day went fine, as usual. The cafe is filled with customers. And you? How's work?" Haesoo asked, as she placed a cloth on her lap.

   "I-It went fine, and tad stressful," he sheepishly chuckles. Haesoo's eyes landed on the small wound on the corner of his lips.

   "Hey, what happened to that?" Haesoo asked, pointing at the wound.

   I want to see how he will cover it up. - she amusingly thought to herself.

   "O-Oh, it's an allergy reaction from this lip product I tried," he responded.

   "Ah, I see,"

***

   After dinner, the two sat by the living room over a bottle of wine, conversing and laughing with one another for hours. By this point, Haesoo took her time to linger her eyes around, to see if something's suspicious, but so far there's none.

  God, how will I get an evidence that he's Moriarty? There has got to be something in here that will prove it. - She thought to herself as Jeonghan poured her another glass of wine.

   Her eyes landed on the red thing that was bright, it was placed on a furniture near a vase. She recognized that it was the red brooch that she wore during her assassination task back then, which was stolen by Jeonghan at that time.