14: Assassin's Parley

Narrator's POV

"It has always been a pleasure to work with you, Jeonghan, but my time has come," Mingyu trailed off as he took a step forward to Jeonghan who immediately stepped back due to fear and anxiety.

"I'm sorry, but it's Joshua's order," Mingyu muttered an apology as he looked at Jeonghan with hazy, hooded eyes.

Jeonghan felt tears brimming up his eyes as he clenched his jaw, realizing that his old-time nemesis had planted a spy within his firm. "That bastard," Jeonghan cussed out.

"Just kill me already," Jeonghan was astounded when Mingyu tossed the dagger and had dropped down to his knees, with his head hung low.

"Just kill me now, I can't take this anymore," the guilt in his tone was noticeable which is why Jeonghan had snuck his hand inside his pocket, where his gun is.

"I will tell you everything about Joshua's scheme, and kill me in return because I can't afford to run away from him, please!" Mingyu begged as Jeonghan's trembling hand took out the gun, and pointed it right to Mingyu.

"A-Are you sure about this?" Jeonghan asked as Mingyu nodded his head eagerly.

Mingyu slowly tilted his head, his glossy eyes met Jeonghan's. "Today is his last campaign rally for election, and today is also the day he asked his underlings to execute EVERY last criminal in the city," Mingyu revealed.

So he plans to also come after Haesoo. - Jeonghan began to get the anxious towards the thought of Haesoo getting killed.

"And the massacre," he trailed off as he gulped down.

"I was the one who did it," Jeonghan's blood boiled in anger upon his another revelation.

"H-He had asked me to do it in order to silence the media who was about to do an expose on him, a-and in order to provoke Ganghan organization to assassinate you," Mingyu stammered through the sobbing.

"Now, kill me...please," he begged.

Jeonghan took a deep breath as he clamped his eyes shut.

In there, a loud gunshot was heard.

***

Meanwhile, When Haesoo was knocked out, Wonwoo took this opportunity to get his task done which is to get Haesoo on the private plane and flee the country as what Seungcheol have ordered. Unfortunately, Haesoo had waken up at the backseat.

She linger her eyes around and soon realized that she's in the car. She saw a landmark and that is when she realized that she's on her way to the airport. She began to look around for a weapon in the car while Wonwoo's busy, driving.

"You're going to turn back now, Wonwoo," Haesoo commanded as she pointed a gun right from behind.

"Haesoo, it's your brother's order—"

"Not if I shoot you, right?" Haesoo threatened as she clucks the gun and pointed it back at him.

"But Haesoo—"

"BuT HaeSoO—shut the fuck up and turn the car back, Jeon Wonwoo!" Wonwoo gulped down as his grip on the steering wheel, tightened.

***

Seungcheol was planning to take care of the mess, but it seems that the mess had just gotten bigger. It was already too late since some of Joshua's underlings have barged inside his home office and took hostage of him. They took away his gun and dagger, leaving him vulnerable. The five men were tasked to guard him until Joshua comes and that is when his life will be put to an end.