9: Devil's Dinner Date

Haesoo' POV

   I woke up today, feeling a little boredom since I haven't receive any news nor updates about the 'M' or also known as Moriarty killer. I was looking forward to getting a call from my brother, yearning for the latter to bite the bait I left and attack me, but there was none.

   I wonder how will Moriarty fire back at me.

   "Early today, huh," Seungkwan said as I fixed my apron, making my way to the counter to start my day.

   "Well, there's nothing much to do anyways," I sighed. Our small talk got interrupted when the door swung open.

   "Welcome to Morstan's cafe!" I exclaimed with glee smile as I faced the man in suit, holding a brief case.

   "Morning," Jeonghan smiles.

   "Morning too, so the usual?" I asked.

   "Yep!" he paid so I began to process the transaction while Seungkwan brews the raspberry hibiscus tea.

   "Say, We've been seeing one another for the past few months...right?" he spoke casually.

    "Uh yeah, seven months, I think? I mean, the branch just opened here seven months ago," I chuckled.

   "Yes, exactly,"

   "You know, I was thinking," he trailed off as he locked eyes with me while Seungkwan handed me the warm paper cup of tea.

   "Maybe, I could pick you up after your shift?" He asked as he rubbed his nape while I handed him his order.

  "After my shift?" I asked as he nodded his head.

  "You know, grab some dinner, I guess -- I-I mean, if you would like to. I wouldn't force you!" his face turns red as I smiled at him.

   A date, huh.

   "Sure, I get off at seven," I responded as he smiled at me.

   "Here's my number by the way," he handed me a small paper, containing his digits written in the latter.

   "Oh, I'll just message you later," I said.

  "I'll see you later, then...Haesoo," he smiles warmly before turning around.

   "You too, Jeonghan," as soon as he left. I turned to look at Seungkwan who was smirking at me.

   "Oooooh, someone's going on a date," he teases as I rolled my eyes at him.

   "It's not a date. it's just dinner. Just dinner," I emphasized, as he raises an eyebrow.

  "Pfft, if the two of you end up in bed. I would laugh,"

   An idea came rushing to my mind which made my eyes dilated as a sly smirk formed on my lips. "Yeah right, I wouldn't let that happen...like ever," I muttered.

   Time past by so fast, it was soon lunch time. The new intern that got hired came in to fill in the cashier for me while I have lunch at the employee's room. I sat the vacant table, eating my lunch while I stared at the paper that contains Jeonghan's profile.

   I still find it unbelievable that a lawyer like him would be involve in an assassination spree. He seemed like a good guy to me and I've done a background check. There was nothing but goodness about him, but I can't just let my guard down.

   This date is a good opportunity to dig him through.

***

   As the night comes, my mission to dig him through commences which is why I braced myself for the coming results that this little mission will bring. I dressed up proper and presentable, with a royal blue tight dress and a simple jewelry along with white heels.