You Lied to Me

'The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.- Nelson Mandela'

"What are you talking about?" I asked softly.

" You are one careful woman I will give you that but no one gets away with lying to me." He shouted as he got up and walked towards me.

"Whatever it is I am sorry Amadeo just let me go and let's talk about it." I pleaded as I looked at him.

"No we will talk now, I don't even know where to start." He yelled in frustration. I just stayed silent because there is nothing that I can say to defend myself at this point.

"Your real name isn't even Davis, it's D'Ambrosi. You were the fucking daughter of two of the world's most feared mobsters. I am giving you the chance to come clean with me." Amadeo gritted as he looked to me for answers.

"After my parents died the man that killed them received no justice. I was going to end up in foster care if it weren't for my benefactor. I became one of the most feared assassins in the world. He helped me change my name and start fresh so I wouldn't have any enemies. I swear I never had a plan to hurt you or do anything that would bring down your business." I began as I watched him closely.

"But somehow I did before knowing you." I sighed before lowering my head.

"What are you talking about?" He asked with his brow raised.

" I was the one that was hired to kill your father." I whispered as I waited for him to react. I looked up to find him just deep in thought.

"After that I decided to take a look into why I was hired to kill your father because it was so random. I found out that my benefactor and your uncle are coming up with a plan to take you out so that your uncle can run your family business.

If you don't believe nothing I say here today, believe that I would rather you despise me than to see you dead." I said while looking at him with pleading eyes.

He still remained silent until he hit his hand on the table, startling me. Without another word he left me there.

---------------------------------

I don't know how much time passed before he came back. He brought me something to eat and a bottle of water. Once he sat everything on the table he undid my handcuffs.

I slowly drank the water before I started to feel nauseous again.

"Why aren't you eating?" He asked in a bored tone.

"I have been feeling nauseous all week and I can't seem to keep anything down." I whispered as my eyes landed on his lips.

He cleared his throat before pulling a chair next to me.

"I loved you and you betrayed me." He whispered as he grabbed my face to look at him.

'I didn't mean to I swear, I just didn't know how to tell you." I said as the tears started to roll down my eyes.

"What am I supposed to do with you? You killed my father Haven, I can't just let that go." He fumed and I didn't know what else to say.

"I am sorry Amadeo, I didn't know at the time what I was getting myself into. You have to believe me. "

I knew that he was using a lot of restraint right now, if it were me in his position I wouldn't know what to do either.

"I need to clear my head before I can come up with a solution of what I am going to do with you. You will stay in this house until then and if you try to leave I will let the guards kill you on sight." He said in exhaustion and I just nodded.

He led me upstairs to a guest room and left me there. I was so tired I ended up falling asleep without realizing it.
‐-------------------------

The next morning I woke up and took a shower with the events of yesterday playing through my mind. When I got out of the shower it dawned on me that I had no clothes here.

I searched through the closet until I found one of his shirts that seemed to cling to my body a bit.

I left my hair down so that it could dry and headed downstairs to get breakfast.

I walked into the kitchen to find Amadeo already sitting and eating breakfast. He wore just a pair of sweat pants with his eyes completely focused on his phone.

"Good morning." I said as I headed towards the fridge.

He looked up letting his eyes roam over my body before turning to look away.

" I have no clothes so if I could go and pick up a few things I would appreciate it. " I said as I walked towards the table that he was seated at.

" I will let someone bring you over a few things. " He said as he looked up again but letting his gaze stay longer on my body.

" Thank you Amadeo." I whispered before allowing my eyes to settle on his lips.

What I wanted the most was just for him to kiss me. I wasn't asking for him to forgive me just yet I just needed him to show me a sign that this wasn't the end for us.

"Are we going to talk about your uncles plan so that you can plan you're own move against him?" I asked as I sat across from him.

He gave me a nod for me to continue before folding his arms and placing his full attention on me.

"They are planning an ambush, so they will purposely ruin one of your shipments so that you will come and check it yourself." I stated as I squirmed under his gaze.

"And how do you plan to stop them?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked.

"You are this great assassin right, you killed my father without leaving a trace so the question is how are you going to protect my life without leaving a trace?" He asked as he stood and walked towards me.

"You want my help?"

"Yes time to show me what you can do." He said as he towered over me.

"And what about us?" I asked breaking eye contact.

"That's not fair and you know it." He sighed before walking away and leaving me there.

I felt empty because I didn't know what to do to make this less painful for the both of us.

Should I let him make the final decision or should I fight for us because I really want to.

‐-------------

Most of the day had passed and I mostly spent it in the guest room. As promised Amadeo got someone to buy me a whole new wardrobe which made me roll my eyes.

I changed off into a swimsuit headed downstairs to get something to drink first.

I was about to snoop around Amadeo's office before I heard him clear his throat behind me.

"I was looking for you to tell you that I am heading outside" I said softly not looking to get myself in anymore trouble.

"I see." He hummed as he trailed his eyes over my body.

I stood there just looking at him while I shifted my weight from one foot to the next.

"Are you trying to seduce me bella" He asked as he took a step towards me causing me to take a step back, feeling my back touch his office door.

"N-no.

"I have a mission for you tonight, to prove your loyalty to me." He said as he let his hands travel over my curves.

"What is it?" I questioned as I enjoyed the feel of his hands on my body.

"You will have to wait and see." He said and without warning he placed a kiss on my forehead before walking away and leaving me there. Maybe this was not the end for us, maybe we both just needed time.

What he said played through my mind, what does he possibly want me to do.

---------

Hellooo everyone, I hope you had a wonderful time over the holidays and I am wishing everyone a prosperous and happy new yearr!!!!!