The Mysterious Meeting

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."

-J.K. Rowling

Today was finally the day, the day that I was moving into the house that I could finally call home. As I watched the movers enter the house with all of the boxes I wondered if this is what I finally needed to make me feel whole again. For years I always felt like something was missing and I haven't been able to figure out what that was. 

My thoughts where interrupted as my phone started vibrating.

"Davis speaking." I said as I answered the phone.

"Hello Ms. Davis Carly here, I was calling to inform you of a nine o'clock meeting in the morning with a very big client." She Informed as I listened to her typing in the background.

"I wasn't aware of any client Carly." I huffed as I walked outside onto the balcony.

"The board approved the meeting and said that the client needs to remain private so when you meet with them then you will know who they are." She rushed, beginning to sound nervous.

"Tell Jeremy to get into contact with me immediately." I said as I ended the call. 

For all I know this client could be a terrorist plotting against me to kill me I needed to find out all I could about this meeting before tomorrow.

Seconds later my phone vibrated and I knew it was Jeremy.

"This better be good." I said flatly.

"Haven listen to me you know I'd never approve something that wasn't in the company's best interest." He reasoned and I rolled my eyes. Jeremy and I are actually very close, not close enough to know the other side of me but close enough.

Jeremy was the only one in the office that was allowed to address me by my first name because our relationship goes way back before the creation of HD Consulting Agency. Our story would be one for another time.

"So why can't I know the identity of this person before tomorrow?" I asked.

"Because the client is trying to be very discreet you just need to trust me." He pointed out and let out a sigh. He knew I would never question his loyalty to me.

"Fine." I huffed as a smile spread across my face.

"How is moving going?" He asked and I walked back into the house to see the movers still busy at hand.

"It's going good." I replied. He got me caught up with some potential contracts we had and afterwards we got off of the phone. 

I called one of the best security firms in the city to set up an appointment for as soon as possible. I needed 24 hour protection at this house at all times.

By the end of the day I was exhausted but it was all worth it. I wished my parents were here to celebrate this with me although I had a feeling they wouldn't approve of how I got here. Then again if they were here I wouldn't be doing what I do now.

I had almost finished unpacking so I decided to take a shower and head off to bed. Normally I had trouble sleeping but tonight was different. As soon as I laid my head on my pillow I drifted off to sleep. Finally there was a bit of normality in my life.

Next Morning 

For the first time in years I woke up in some place that I could call home. I woke up early because I was anxious about the meeting. I dressed and made my way downstairs to brew a cup of coffee. 

Afterwards I begun to get ready and I stood there looking at my reflection in the mirror. I stared at my long black hair that flowed down my back and suddenly a memory came to me.

~Flashback ~
I was 9 years old and my mother sat running the brush through my hair. She was telling me her version to Rapunzel and when she finished she turned to look at me.

"Mio amore your hair is so maestosa always treat it like the princess you are. You may have a thousand other features but your hair tells the story about you. It shows your beauty, how you carry yourself but most importantly it shows your uniqueness. Never forget that." She finished with a smile.

At that same moment my dad peeked in and said," I couldn't agree more."

~End Of Flashback ~

I had a slim figure and as I got older I gained weight in all the right places.  I had emerald green eyes and my hair was the perfect texture just in-between being straight and curly and I was 5 ft 4.

Fifteen minutes later I was already on the freeway heading to work. Although I left early traffic was still insane so I arrived at work in one hour. I bid everyone a good morning before heading to my office. I immediately noticed all the men in black outside my office and I was confused about  what was happening. My receptionist wasn't at her desk and I just prayed this wasn't no funny business.

I slowly pushed open my office door to see a man sitting in one of my chairs. He was backing me and I looked around to witness one of the men in black already closing my door. 

"This is a place of business so I'm--" I started to say as I rounded my table but was cut off as soon as I saw his face.

I was suddenly speechless, imagine me a contract killer, speechless. 

" Excuse my manners I'm Amadeo Ramiro and I was told that you were the person I needed to see." He said as he got up to outstretch his hand. 

He was extremely sexy and gosh he was the splitting image of his father, which brought me to my other thought. What the hell was he doing in my office?

Noticing I still hadn't shaken his hand I snapped out of my thoughts and slowly shook his hand. I took a seat and gestured for him to do the same. 

"So what can I do for you today Mr. Ramiro?" I asked hesitantly. 

"Please just call me Amadeo." He said as he licked his lips and watched me with a hooded look.

He was tall with sleek dark hair. He was the image of a perfect Italian man with a chiseled face and a light stubble under his chin. I could tell that he was in a great shape because his muscles printed through his suit. He had light brown eyes and his Italian accent was thick but I could tell that he spent most his life here.

"I prefer Mr. Ramiro for business purposes." I replied as I opened my mac book to send a message to Devonte. 

Haven: Ramiro's son is in my office!

Rafe: Stay calm.

I had Devonte's named saved as his middle name which he hated but I did that to hide his identity just in case anything was to happen.

I looked back at Amadeo to find him still staring and we held eye contact until he let out a light laugh.

"Hope I'm not disturbing anything." He began as he nodded towards my laptop.

"No just emailing my assistant." I lied as I got my day planner and pen and waited for him to begin talking.

"Well I'm sure you know by now but my father died and I need a consult regarding his company but before I tell you anything else I need you to sign a non disclosure agreement." He said in a serious tone. 

Christ, what am I getting myself into he looked around and signaled to one of the men in black and he walked forward and handed him an envelope. He slid it across the table in front of me.

"Well you would understand that I need to get this to my lawyer before signing anything. So once I get the all clear we can arrange another meeting." I said looking at him cautiously.

"I completely understand Ms. Davis, until next time." He said while standing up and loosening his tie and with that he turned and left with the men in black behind him. I let go a breath I didn't even know I was holding. Everything about that man screamed danger but after all that's what I lived for.
.
.
.

Finally we meet Amadeo, hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Be sure to vote, leave me a comment and share to your friends so they can enjoy as well. Stay tuned for weekly updates. Until next time...