The Plan

"Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self control — these three alone lead to power."

– Alfred, Lord Tennyson

We arrived at a cute restaurant named Suizzos. We were quickly seated and I took up my menu trying to look anywhere but him. The waiter came back around and I ordered shrimp fettuccine Alfredo and a glass of red wine and Amadeo ordered something in Italian I wasn't really paying attention. Once the waiter disappeared we fell into an awkward silence and I thanked the heavens when my phone rang. 

"Excuse me." I said as I answered the phone while turning away from the table. 

"Haven Davis." I stated.

"Have you forgotten who you work for?" I heard Devonte's raspy voice filled the other line. I rolled my eyes and let out an audible sigh.

"Now is not a good time I am going to have to have to get back to you later." I muttered before ending the call not allowing him to respond. 

I turned back around to be met with a smirk and I quickly apologized. My phone rang again but I put it on mute when I saw that he was calling me back. 

"Lover's Quarrel?" He asked amused and I narrowed my eyes at him. 

"Even if it were you would be the last to know." I retorted before sipping my wine slowly, careful not to take my eyes off of him.

"I need you to do a site visit to assess and give me feedback. "He said with a commanding voice. 

"Sure just set an appointment with Carly." I said absentmindedly. 

A low laugh escaped his lips and I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face. 

"Why are you being so difficult?" He asked as he leaned forward closer. 

"Because I like stability and you can't expect to take short cuts when it comes to me." I retorted as I watched him contemplate on what to say next. 

"I wasn't planning to Ms.Davis I believe you are worth everything." He said while watching me closely. It was like he was trying  to read me but I was a closed book, unfortunately for him. 

"What's that suppose to mean?" I questioned. 

"You just need to wait and see." He smirked and I couldn't help the feeling that settled in my stomach as I watched him. Why did I find him so intriguing and dangerously handsome. I let my eyes quickly roam over his body and I had to admit the cocky bastard had the right to be cocky. 

An hour later we returned to my office and he insisted that he walked me upstairs. I invited him into my office and turned to close the door and as soon as I turned around he was standing dangerously close to me but I refused to back away. I looked up at his towering figure and he placed both his hands on the door, trapping me in the process. 

" I forgot to mention how beautiful you look today among other things that I can't mention, because then it might come across that I want you." He breathed and he was so close, the smell of his perfume intoxicated me and I was trying so hard to focus.

"So your compliment means that you don't want me?" I asked as my heart began to race faster. 

He ran his tongue slowly over his bottom lip while starring at my lips and I couldn't help but to look at his lips because I was in fact tempted. 

"Oh believe me I want you but that would be highly unprofessional of me." He said as he cupped my face with the palm of his hands. 

A knock came from the other side of the door and I was pulled back from out of my trance. He bent down close enough to my ear and whispered" Until next time." and stepped back from me.

I moved so that he could leave, and he gave me one last smirk before he left. 

What the hell just happened? My mind was racing because I was trying to process what happened how did that escalate so quickly. 

I cleared my throat before opening the door and it was my next client for today. The rest of my day was filled with appointments and trying to finalize contracts for some of my potential clients. I left the office around eight and headed home. I got the alert that funds had been transferred into my account which meant that my collector received the money. All that was left was for me to kill this man and I planned on doing it tonight. 

I took a shower and got dressed in my all black and pulled the mask over my face. I tucked my gun in my waistband and tucked my knife in the bottom of my shoe. This was going to be quick and easy for me not so much for Mr.Centiro I am going to make him regret ever messing with the system and placing innocent children's life at risk. I collected everything else that I needed and headed to my underground garage. I decided to drive my black Porsche Taycan because I needed something small but fast. I already looked into his living arrangements and he was currently staying in one of his villas. It had no security because he thought he was never going to need any, he thought wrong. 

It was an hour drive and when I arrived I made sure to park behind an empty building. I got out and retrieved my duffel bag from out of  the trunk. I took out my binoculars to look  through the villa for any sign of moment. He was sitting at the far end of the house at a table so he won't see this coming. It was time to even out the score and get rid of one more corrupt person in this world. When I first started killing people I was anxious and a little bit afraid but now it makes me feel fierce and powerful, like I am making a difference. I know it was not the conventional way of making a difference but I learnt to accept that.

What is to come next? How is Haven going to bring yet another person to justice? Keep reading to find out. Leave a comment, vote and also follow me on Wattpad to be the first to get updates. Until next time......