The Site Visit

"Change your thoughts and you change your world."– Norman Vincent

The weekend flew by and Monday came right back around before I knew it. Today was my site inspection of Mr. Ramiro's business but before I headed there I needed to stop by my office to pick up a few documents. As I walked through the office I greeted everyone and headed to my office. Carly quickly followed behind me presenting me with my coffee and my schedule for today. I reviewed it then briefed her of my day and once I was finished I dismissed her. I already ran his business through I.C.K's database and I could see what all the fuss was about. His business alone was worth a lot of money and adding to him being one of the wealthiest mobsters' son, well that equipped him with a serious target on his back. According to what I researched a lot of people respected the late Marino Ramiro and believed in him but I guess one person needed him out of the picture to make their move. I just needed to find out who it was and what their plan was before Devonte presented it to me.

An hour later, I arrived at the building and made my way inside. I approached the front desk and greeted the woman behind it and she gave me directions on how to get to his office. I walked towards the elevator and headed up to his floor. When the doors opened I was shocked to find a modern floor décor in black and white. I walked towards the desk but no one was sitting behind the desk so I decided to take a seat in the waiting area. 

Five minutes later Amadeo walked out with two men and a beautiful blonde hair girl that could practically be a model. She headed behind the desk and Amadeo's attention fell on me. He said goodbye to the two gentlemen and walked towards me. 

"Sorry to keep you waiting Ms. Davis." He smirked as he offered his hand. I hesitantly placed my hand in his and he helped me up. He smiled at me before saying" Please follow me." 

We entered his office and I took a  seat in front of his desk. I took in his office and to my surprise it was more traditional compared to the lobby. Rustic bookshelves and leather chairs with dark shutters. The view from his office of the city was really amazing. He cleared his throat and I brought my attention back to him. 

"Before I give you a tour and a full run down on the business I want your opinion on something." He stated as he leaned back in his chair, studying me. I felt hot and trapped under his gaze and I was trying to ignore it but I could feel my cheeks betraying me. My face felt flush and I knew he must have noticed. 

"How do I get a girl that is stubborn but insanely beautiful and smart to give a guy like me a chance?" He asked and I looked at him refusing to break eye contact. 

"Well Mr. Ramiro I get payed to consult on your business not your romantic interest." I breathed as I watched him as closely as he was watching me.

He let go a low chuckle and got up to retrieve something from one of his cabinets. Afterwards he gave me a tour of the building and a brief history on everything. The tour took us an hour and a half and once we were finished we headed back to his office. 

"I am in a bit of a predicament and I need your advise on it." He said still going through his papers.

"I'm all ears." I stated as I also looked through my papers. 

"I need to make a decision on whether or not I'm going to take over my fathers business and I'm torn because no matter what decision I make it will impact my character in a negative way." He sighed as he placed down the papers. 

"Because if you take over you will be the head of a criminal organization and if you don't you would be disgracing your family?" I questioned as I looked up at him.  

He looked at me in shocked and slowly nodded his head. 

"Well my opinion is if you take over the business sure you would be opening yourself up to all sorts of dangers but if you take over you have a chance to change something bad into something good." I stated as I looked at him fully. He had a big grin on his face and I couldn't help but to smile as well. 

"That was very insightful Ms. Davis, thank you." He grinned as he started looking back through his papers. 

We wrapped up everything and he offered to treat us to lunch and since I was famished I gracefully accepted. 

We walked to his private elevator and waited for the doors to open. We got in and rode down in silence. I could smell his cologne it intoxicated me and clouded my mind. All sorts of thoughts were running through my mind and him looking down at me wasn't making it any easier. 

Eventually the doors opened and we made our way out of his building. He held open the door for me and slipped in next to me. We drove to an Italian restaurant and we were instantly seated and presented with menus.

"Can you get us a bottle of Selvagrosso that should give us enough time to decide. "He told the waiter who then disappeared. 

I carefully reviewed my menu being torn between all the different options. When the waiter returned with the wine, he took Amadeo's order and I ordered mozzarella bread sticks and manicotti pasta and some cannoli to take with me later. 

Once the waiter disappeared, Amadeo offered to pour wine for me and I gestured for him to go ahead.

"So Ms. Davis tell me about your self." He said as he studied me closely like I was a puzzle and he was trying to solve me.

"Well I live a normal life like everyone else." I stated as I glanced up at him. 

" I fail to believe that, I think that there is always more to someone than meets the eye." He disagreed as a smile appeared on his face. 

"And what about you Mr. Ramiro is there more than meets the eye?" I asked.

"Trust me there is way more." He stated as he slowly sipped his wine. 

A few minutes later our food came and we ate and talked for about two hours. I was honestly enjoying myself to the point that I lost track of time. That doesn't ever happen to me but neither does me feeling like this around someone. I felt free like I could just relax for a moment and just be me but what was being me? 

.

.

Keep reading to find out what's in store, If you enjoyed the chapter leave a comment letting me know what you thought, as always vote on the chapter, share this story with friends and follow me on Wattpad to be the first to receive updates on His Safe Haven. Also if you haven't already be sure to check out my other book His Desire, I promise its a good read. 

Until Next Time...