Chapter three. First case.

The next morning.....

Ray had gotten up extremely early which was around five in the morning since it was engraved in his brain from the military, he got up and headed down stairs to the kitchen after he pulled his shirt over his head. He grabbed himself a glass of water to drink, before getting ready to go on a morning run to start his morning off like he normally did.  Ray had run for a little while until, he started to make his run back to the house as the sun started to fully rise and turn into morning.

 Ray eventually made it back to the house and opened the front door, as he walked into the house hearing his brother Nick up and on the phone while Juliette made the three of them breakfast before Nick headed into work for a case.

"Thanks Hank, we'll be there soon." Nick said as he hung up and looked up, when he saw that Ray had just walked in the door. "How fast can you be ready to go?" He asked Ray, he knew that his brother was fast to get ready but they had to go see Monroe after stopping at the cafe. "In about ten minutes why?" Ray asked his brother softly, he wondered what was wrong especially since it was supposed to be his day off. "Monroe called Hank this morning and told him that his sister was attacked at the Cafe shop last night while she was there with a friend, I told Hank that I would give you the details on the way over to there. But we also have to go to the cafe before going there, I told Hank to tell Monroe that we will be over after." Nick told his brother, he was the only one beside Hank that new what Shadow was but he was hoping that she wasn't to involved with what happened last night since she had gotten. 

Ray nodded his head understanding what his brother was telling him, he hadn't really met Monroe's sister but he had heard her and seen her a few times when him along with Nick went to Monroe's place, she reminded him of himself a little bit with how closed off she stayed from what Monroe and Nick had told him "Sounds good, I'll go get ready so we can eat before we have to head out." Ray said, as he headed out of the kitchen and upstairs to his room to get ready for their case.

Once Ray was ready he walked back down stairs with his black with a hint of dark green leather jacket in his hand, he sat it down by the door before washing his hands after rolling back his sleeves a bit and sitting down at the table after to eat with his brother and Juliette. After they were done eating, he got up and helped put the dishes in the sink, before fixing his sleeves and putting his black leather jacket on as he then followed Nick out the door. 

On the way to the cafe, Ray was given a run down by Nick of what Monroe told him that had happened to his sister

On the way to the cafe, Ray was given a run down by Nick of what Monroe told him that had happened to his sister. "I thought Weson didn't attack anyone at random? I guess we'll just have to see what his sister can tell us after we check out the crime scene." Ray said, not wanting to admit that in the short time he has seen Monroe's sister that he was starting to have feelings for her even though he had never meant her face to face yet but he wanted to. "Yeah I guess so, we'll just have to wait and see what the reasoning is." Nick replied back to his broth as he continued to drive, he was worried about Shadow being involved with the kill that happened last night but he wouldn't know what happened for sure til they saw the damage from the attack. 

Once the had made it there, Nick parked the car before unbuckling as did Ray before getting out of the car. Ray looked at the cafe and saw a lot of damage, he could tell that whatever happened definitely had Weson involved along with something else. Ray stood there looking at the broken windows for a couple of minutes, while his brother headed inside but he saw some blood on the glass. He followed Nick inside the cafe, he looked at the body as Wu and Nick talked. "What do we got?" Nick asked Wu, Wu told them both the identity of the body, the age and that this didn't look like a normal crime scene. "The wife is also the one talking to the sheriff outside, she looks pretty angry." Wu told Nick, before letting the brothers and Hank look the scene over.

 Ray looked outside where the wife was talking to the sheriff and she did look pretty angry, he wondered if she knew something about who killed her husband. "This is definitely not a normal Weson kill." Nick said, as he bent down looking at the guys wounds closely he knew something was definitely not right about any of it. Ray nodded his head, as he also bent down looking at the guys wounds before standing back up listening to his brother continue on about the injuries and so on, but he followed a blood trail to the back door that lead away from the body. 

"Nick, Ray you guys might want to come see this." Hank said as he followed a trail of claws marks that looked the same as the ones found on their dead guys body, he found two more dead bodies but they were pretty shredded up. Ray looked up and followed Nick to where Hank was, he looked a little unsettled by what they saw but he saw his brothers jaw clench. "You've seen this before haven't you?" Ray asked his brother, he wondered if this wasn't just a Weson attack but something far worse which made him wonder what exactly happened there last night. "Yeah, but not like this. We need to go see Monroe, his sister can tell us what happened last night." Nick said, before sending Monroe a text saying that they were on their way over to his place.