Talking to the captain

Ray looked over at Shadow's backpack, before looking back at her as he listened to what else she had to say

Ray looked over at Shadow's backpack, before looking back at her as he listened to what else she had to say. He looked at her gently, knowing she was worried about what was going on with her and about her friend.

"Then we start by reading them to figure out what's wrong with you, along with figuring out who did this to your friend. I'm sure your friend is gonna be alright, if you want I will take you to see her once we catch the people that did this okay?" Ray told her. "You seem like a really good friend, even if you aren't supposed to be but you guys should be allowed to be friends if you want to."

Shadow looked at Ray and nodded her head, as she looked down before looking back up at him trying to hold back her thoughts of wanting to kiss him even though she had just met him. "Y-Yeah that's fine, we should probably get to reading them and thanks." Shadow said shyly but gently, before getting up to go grab her backpack with the books in it and walking over to the desk in the room.

Ray cleared his throat, as he fought his own thoughts of wanting to kiss her, but Ray started to wonder if he was falling for her. "Probably so." Ray said as he watched her, before walking over to the desk with her and standing there as Shadow started to pile the books on the counter.

"There is at least about seven books here, but this might take awhile." Shadow said to Ray as she looked at the books she had just piled on the desk. "Then let's get to work." Ray said gently, before grabbing a book and sitting down on the edge of the desk to read the book he had picked up while Shadow read a different one.

..................

Nick and Hank, got out of the car before walking into the precinct to go talk to their captain. "You are gonna have to explain to me later, what is going on. Since I don't have a clue." Hank told nick as they walked to Sean's office. Nick nodded his head as he looked at Hank,
as they walked to the office. "I will explain everything to you later, but right now we just need to figure out why Monroe's sister and her friend were attacked last night." Nick told Hank, as they made it to Sean's office and talked before opening the door.

"Come in." Sean said, as he looked up and closed the file he was looking at as Nick and Hank stepped into his office. "Did you two get anything out of the sister?" Sean asked them, as he leaned back in his chair looking at the two of them. "We know that her and her friend were there the night of the attack,
she told us that her and her friend were having a conversation when the owner came up and told them to leave. But she mentioned something about him pulling a gun, so she defended herself and her friend from the owner." Nick told Sean.

"She also mentioned something about fighting some other people off, before getting injuring and fleeing the scene." Hank added, which made Sean think about what could have happened but he had his suspicions about what it could've been. "So What your saying is, her and her friend get jumped by the owner while the place was being broken into?
That can't be a coincidence, something doesn't add up about this. Why don't you two try talking to our second witness, the hospital called me and said she's awake. She's willing to talk and tell us what she saw, I take it your brother is watching over the other witness?" Sean asked.

Nick nodded his head as he stood there next to Hank. "Yes, he's helping watch over her until this whole situation is dealt with. I figured there's no one better then him to protect her." He told Sean knowing his brother would protect her no matter what, but he also knew that it would give his brother some time to bond with Shadow since he knew about his brothers feeling towards her.

Sean hummed and nodded his head, he was glad that Ray offered to help look after the witness til the case was dealt with. "Well he's certainly one of the best people for the job, just keep me posted and let me know when you found out more about what happened." Sean told them, before going back to looking at the file.

"Will do." Hank told him, before him and Hank walked out of the office. "I really hope we can find the people who are responsible for this." Hank added. "Me too, I just hope her friend can tells us more of what happened." Nick said, as both of them walked back out of the precinct and headed to the hospital to talk to Amelia.

(I'm sorry if the stories is a little confusing, I promise I will do better in the future to not confuse people. But I have also decided to go ahead and let Hank find out since I wanna do the book a bit definitely then the show, but not to differently. I hope that is okay with you readers.)