6.Magical Bridge

When Soma turned around, he was surprised to see his college senior, while the other was smiling at him.

"Hi Rohit, how are you? You came all the way to meet me! Wow!" He said with a sarcastic tone.

"Just shut up yaar. I said I was too busy to meet you last week" replied Rohit, " Now I'm here, tell me about your plans ".

"Forget it, I have so much work today at the store," said Soma arranging the boxes, "I can see, It's been a long time since I was here," he said observing the shop and he saw a familiar girl, then he said to Soma, "Soma, who is that girl in the store talking to your mom, She looks nice", "She is nobody, you just go and wait at the coffee shop that we meet every time, I will come there, after my work here," He said avoiding the topic of Bhanu and trying to make him leave.

"Why are you in such a hurry, you just said you have so much work and now you are asking me to wait for you at a coffee shop,... Wait a Minute..., Why are you changing the topic from that girl, I doubt she is no one?" He asked keeping a questioning face.

"What are you saying? She works here and she's not as good as she looks, she is such trouble, You can't handle her" Said Soma thinking "I have to convince him to not pay attention to my girl.. ", then reality just struck him "Did I just call her my girl, what am I thinking, it came accidentally, I just don't want my best friend to go after her, that's it" He convinced himself and then Rohit replied immediately, "I like girls who make trouble, Maybe I should try to talk ....." not letting him finish the sentence Soma spoke, "You can't do that, She is just a headache, you don't know about her, she will bully people for fun, she is not good for you" He said constructing lies in his head in a realistic way possible.

"Soma...! Do you remember, In our college, when you wanted to work on the special project partnering with my team, you created a rumor that I would bully juniors so much and my project was never going to work so that no one would be volunteering to join us and you can get on my team with less competition?" asked Rohit, "Why are you talking about it now! You have known me since we were children and I said sorry about that incident, and the current situation has nothing to do with that, moreover, even with the rumor, it didn't become any easier for me to join the team, I worked hard for that" He said somehow convincingly.

"My point here, my friend, is, If you like her you can tell me, You don't need to badmouth my sister too," Said Rohit casually, "I don't like no one and I am not badmouthing your sister... Wait!!! Your What???" Soma shouted a little in shock.

"My Sister, She is my little sister, So, You sure you don't like her?" He asked Soma,

"Y...Yeah, It's nothing like that, I'm sorry, I...I  just said that because...(he saw his mom taking to Bhanu)...Yes, Because my mom is already angry with me because of her, if she finds that my friend is roaming around her, it will be death to me, that's it" He said finding a reasonable excuse he had in mind coming out of his shocking state.

"If it's nothing then it's ok... I will leave then, take care of her here" said Rohit ready to leave, "Will you not talk to her?" asked Soma. "No, If you are here, then I think, there won't be a problem Don't tell her I'm here, She doesn't like it when someone checks on her," Rohit said and took his goodbye to leave the place.

Soma sighed and started processing the truth he just learned." If she is Rohit's sister, then she must be the one I used to play with when we were little .. she used to be cute then, why did she change so much " he thought and took a look at Bhanu, " No, she didn't change that much, she is still cute " he thought and smiled at her and he didn't deny the thought he got now. He wanted to ask Bhanu if she remembered him, then there might be a chance to correct their current relationship into a good one and after processing all that happened, he felt like something heavy was lifted from his heart. He felt really happy even with the turn of events.
He started doing his work faster so that he could talk to Bhanu and even the thought of it made him excited...