𝒔𝒊𝒙. terror lies beneath these walls

[ 1

[ 1.07 ]

derek hale killed the janitor

Fear. That's all Maya felt as she, Stiles, and Scott struggled to keep the doors shut out of fear and panic. Fear that she possibly just made the biggest mistake of her life. She feared that could have been the last decision she ever made because the alpha is here and they won't be able to keep him out. And last, she feared her mate was dead, and it was her fault.

"Lock it!"

"Do I look like I have a key," Stiles asked Scott.

"Grab something," Scott answered.

"What?!"

"Anything!" Stiles stood up to look through the window, thinking of something to hold the door.

"No," Scott said seeing the hedge clippers outside.

"Yes!"

"Stiles, no, don't-" Scott tried to stop him but it was no use. Maya, who hadn't said anything was shaking and holding her stomach trying to relieve herself from the pain caused by the mate bond. "Stiles, come back! Come back!"

Stiles looked up to see the alpha starting to run towards him. Stiles got in and put the hedge clippers between the door handles to keep it from opening. "Where is it," Scott asked handing the flashlight to his best friend. "Where'd it go?" Stiles and Scott backed away from the door as Scott asked, "That won't hold will it?"

"Probably not," Stiles answered.

"Maya?" Scott looked around filling with fear until his older sister stepped out of the shadow, shaken and scared.

"What did I do," she asked her voice breaking, "Oh, god, Scott. What did I do?! Is he dead? I—Is Derek dead?"

"I—I don't know. I don't think so. Come here," Scott held Maya close to himself trying to comfort her the best he could. They heard a distant howl coming from somewhere inside the school and immediately ran, Scott holding tightly to MJ's hand, not wanting to let go.

They ran into a classroom, "The desk," Scott ordered and he and Stiles pushed the desk to the door.

"Shh, stop, stop," Maya whispered. "The door's not gonna keep it out."

"I know," Scott said.

"I hate your boss," Stiles said to Scott.

"What?"

"Deaton, the alpha? Your boss."

"No."

"Yes, murdering psycho werewolf."

"Stiles, no. He can't be."

"Oh, come on," Stiles said, "He disappears and that thing shows up ten seconds later to throw Derek 20 feet through the air? That's not convenient timing?"