𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏. clubbin'

[ 1.06 ]

am i the last to know?

        Scott, Stiles, and Maya rode in the jeep to meet with Derek but were forced to stop because of the spikes in the road. "What do we do now?" Stiles asked but by the time he looked beside him Scott and Maya were gone and running to the kanima and Derek.

        Maya ran in front of Gerard smashing her shoulder into the kanima and glaring at the hunter before chasing the kanima and Scott.

        The siblings crept up behind a club tracking the scent as best they could. They both jumped in fear as Stiles tapped their shoulders, "Dude!"

        "Sorry, I'm sorry. Did you see where he went?"

        "We lost him."

        "What? You couldn't catch his scent?"

        "I don't think he has one," Maya told him.

        "Alright, any clue where he's going?" Stiles asked.

        "To kill someone," Scott answered.

        "Ah. That explains the claws, the fangs, and all that," Stiles retorted sarcastically. "Makes perfect sense now." Scott glared at his best friend while Maya just focused on finding Jackson. "What? Scott, come on. I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense!"

        "Just help me find it," Scott urged.

        "Us," Maya snapped.

        "Well, I think 'us' means something different to you because we haven't been an 'us' since you starting lying and keeping secrets from me," Scott fired back.

        "You really wanted me to give you all the details of how Derek and I are drawn together by a werewolf mate bond? If you want me to, I will Scott, don't worry."

        "Can we just focus please?" Stiles interjected the McCalls. "Have your sibling spat later. And not 'it' Jackson."

        "Yeah, I know," Scott sighed. "I—I know, I know."

        "Alright, but does he know that? Did anybody else see him back at your house?"

        "I mean, I don't think so but he already passed Derek's test anyway," Maya furrowed her eyebrows.

        "Yeah but that's just the thing. How did he pass the test?"

        "We don't know."

        "Maybe it's like a either—or thing. I mean, Derek said that a snake can't be poisoned by it's own venom, right? When's the kanima not the kanima?"

        "When it's Jackson," Maya concluded looking back at the line to get into the club.

        "Uh . . . dudes," Stiles said backing away. The siblings followed suit and followed his gaze to the roof, "See that?"

        "He's inside," Scott announced as they watched a scaled tail disappear through a window.

        "What's he gonna do in there?" Stiles asked.

        "I know who he's after," Scott told them.

        "What, how? How did you smell something?"

        "Armani," Scott nodded.

        Maya's eyebrows knit together in confusion before seeing Danny at the front of the line.