𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆. recovery

[ 1.09 ]

how long have you known i'm a hunter?

The group of teens were quick to follow the ambulance to the hospital, each in their own cars. Stiles was the first one there, breaking every speed limit on his way. He threw himself into the hospital, running to the nurse's station where Melissa was hanging up the phone, her hand on her chest. "She's okay?"

The Stilinski nodded, "She's coming in the ambulance. She's okay . . . but she's pretty banged up. Whoever took her did a real number on her."

"Mom!" Scott called as Melissa doubled over in heaps of sobs.

"How could I let this happen? How could this happen?" she repeated those words until Scott reached her, pulling her up into a hug. "She's okay?"

"They're checking for serious injuries but yeah, she's okay."

"When can we see her?" Lydia asked, Scott and Stiles turning to see their friends had arrived.

"They're gonna get her in a room, and then we can see her."

☀︎☀︎☀︎

"Maya? May, can you hear me," Stiles' voice slowly became clearer as Maya opened her eyes slowly, "May?"

"Stiles," she whispered before trying to sit up.

"No, don't sit up," Stiles ordered, pushing her shoulder back down lightly.

Maya looked around seeing Scott on her other side. She smiled softly, "Scotty, you're here."

"Of course I'm here. I was so worried, who took you?"

Maya's face fell and her happiness turned to fear as she thought of Kate. She looked forward seeing Allison, Lydia, and Ivy at the foot of her bed. They had tears of joy in her eyes seeing their friend awake and okay. "I—I don't know. There were a lot of them, they each had their turn to torture me. I didn't recognize them," she lied, fearing for her safety in the presence of the Argents. "I think they were hunters."

"Hunters?" Lydia asked.

"Uh . . . I'll explain later, okay?" Maya offered, turning to Scott. "They shot me. With the same bullet they used on Derek," she whispered.

She didn't state a name, but the simple sentence she used told both boys who took her. Scott frowned and pushed the hair away from her face, "I'll get it. We'll fix it. I promise, you're gonna be okay."

Maya nodded, taking a deep breath and turning to the girls. "Everybody out. I need some time with my girls."

"Scott, can we talk to you?" Ivy asked, "We'll be right back, M."

"No, I think we should st—"

"I'm fine, go!" Maya patted the spot on the bed next to her for Lydia to sit as the rest of her friends left. "Hey, Lyds."

"Maya, I was so worried," the strawberry blonde said as she pulled her into a hug.

"I know, Lydia. I missed you, too. Here, help me sit up." The girls sat arm and arm, heads resting on each other's shoulders. "So, tell me. What did I miss? Any juice gossip?"

"Jackson dumped me," Lydia told her sadly.

"Asshole. Moron. Dickwad. I'll kill him. As soon as I'm cleared I'll kill him for hurting you. He's an idiot for letting someone as brave, smart, and beautiful as you."