𝒕𝒆𝒏. party, party, party

[ 2

[ 2.09 ]

birthday parties shouldn't be like this.

     Maya was having a considerable amount of heightened anxiety since her run — in with Victoria Argent. Derek had barely left her side in fear that she'd have a panic attack and lash out on Lucas or herself. She couldn't seem to leave her bed either, which was hard since she was supposed to be a part of the team and figuring out what to do with Jackson. That led them to the impromptu pack meeting in her room.

     "I'm saying we need a new plan, because next time, one of us is gonna be too hurt to heal," Derek explained.

     "Ugh, I get it. We can't save Jackson," Maya sighed.

     Derek glanced over at Maya saying, "We can't seem to kill him either. I've seen a lot of things, guys. I've never seen anything like this. Every new moon's just gonna make him stronger."

     "But how do we stop him?" Scott asked.

     "I don't know. I don't even know if we can," Derek answered.

     Scott shrugged, "Maybe we should just let the Argents handle it."

     "No," Maya said immediately, "No." Just the mention of the Argents had made her anxiety flare.

     Derek grabbed her hand squeezing it lightly, "I'm the one who turned him. It's my fault."

     "Yeah, but you didn't turn him into this. I mean, this happened because of something in his past, right?" Maya asked.

     "That's a legend in a book. It's not that simple."

     Scott and MJ's forehead creased in confusion, "What do you mean? What are you not telling us?"

     "Why do you think I'm always keeping something from you?" Derek scoffed.

     "Because you usually are — " Maya started but stopped to let Scott finish.

     "Because you always are keeping something from us."

     Derek shrugged, "Well, maybe I do it to protect you."

     "Doesn't being part of your pack mean no more secrets?" Maya questioned with a raised brow.

     Derek sighed, "Lay down, Maya. Sleep. Heal. Make sure your friends are safe. 'Cause the full moon's coming. And with the way things are going, I've got a feeling it's gonna be a rough one."

☀︎☀︎☀︎

     "Clear your schedule. This could take a while," Lydia smirked at the Argents as she pulled Maya into the bedroom with her. It was hard for Maya to be in Allison's bedroom, knowing how close it was to Victoria Argent. But she knew Derek wasn't far, and if she needed it he'd come running.