𝒕𝒆𝒏. the dance

[ 1.10 ]

will you go to the dance with me?

After the previous nights disaster date and Maya and Scott almost getting killed, again, Maya was just about ready to give in to the alpha. She would give herself up if it meant her friends and family would be safe.

Maya opened her eyes and slowly stood from the medical table. "Welcome back to the land of the conscious," Deaton said as he and Scott came to help her stand. "Doing okay?" Maya nodded slightly. "Maybe you should sit down."  They heard the door open the bells on the door jingle. "Hello?" Deaton stepped forward but MJ grabbed his arm shaking her head. He nodded telling her it was alright and stepped out into the front of the clinic. "I'm sorry but we're . . . we're closed."

"Hi there," Peter smiled. "I'm here to pick up."

Deaton furrowed his eyebrows, "I'm not sure I remember you dropping off?"

"These two wandered in on their own," Peter stepped forward as Maya and Scott huddled in the corner.

"Even if you did I'm afraid I can't help you. We're closed."

"Well, I think you could make an exception this one time, don't you?" Peter asked.

"I'm sorry. That's not going to be possible. Maybe you could come back during regular hours."

"You have something of mine. I'm here to collect," Peter insisted, hearing the young beta's heartbeat.

"Like I said . . . we're closed."

Peter tried to step forward past the gate but felt the slight burn at the mountain ash. "Mountain ash. That's an old one." Peter rushed to grab and throw a chair at the wall just barely missing the vet, and still Deaton didn't flinch.

"Let me be as clear as possible. We . . . are . . . closed."

Peter turned to the door but stopped and whispered so only Maya and Scott could hear, "There are others who can help me get what I want. More innocent . . . and far more vulnerable."

Maya's eyes widened thinking of their best friend, "Allison!"

☀︎☀︎☀︎

"Call it again," Maya ordered searching her desk.

Stiles sighed, "It's not here." Maya ignored that, continuing to search her room. "Okay, so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?"

"What makes you think I can afford a new one," she asked looking under her bed. "And we can't do this alone. We need more than just Scott and I. We have to find Derek."

"Well, 'A' you're not alone. You have me. And 'B', didn't you say Derek was kidnapped with you? A—and Scott said walked into gunfire and got kidnapped after he stopped Derek from trying to kill Jackson. He sounds pretty dead to me."

"Argent's plan was to use him the get to the alpha—they're not gonna kill him," she rummaged through her closet. "Agh!" she winced falling back.

"May?"

"I'm fine, they're just torturing him. I can feel the electricity."

"Alright, so then just let them do what they're planning, you know? They use Derek to get to Peter—problem solved."

"Not if Peter's going after Allison and inevitably Ivy to find Derek! Scott and I can't protect them on our own. We're not strong enough yet. I'm still weak from—" she stopped herself, not able to say it. "—You know. And Scott doesn't have complete control yet. Which means we either find Derek first . . . just—just help me!"