𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏. hunters & broken hearts

[ 1.11 ]

you don't understand.

        Maya angrily ran at the car as Scott looked around. She jumped over and onto the hood of the red SUV yelling to Scott, "Run!"

        Scott jumped over the bus along with Maya and they ran into the woods. "Scott, don't stop!" MJ called as Scott fell to the ground.

        Maya's heart broke hearing Scott's painfully cried out, utterly heartbroken. "Scott, it's okay. Come here," she said pulling him into her chest to hug him. "Everything will be okay."

        "It's not! It's not okay!"

        "I know, I know, I get it," she tried to soothe him.

        "No, you don't, Maya!" he yelled ripping away from her grasp. "You don't know what it's like to be in love and you don't know what it means to be heartbroken."

        "I know You're right, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that but listen! She knew about me, okay? She knew about me and yeah she was scared at first but she got over it, okay?"

        "Yeah, what about the rest of the Argent family who are hunters who hate werewolves, huh?! You just outed yourself to her dad, May. Why would you do that?"

        "You were in trouble! Was I just supposed to stand in the corner having a panic attack? I don't want to be that girl anymore, Scott. I wanted to help, I wanted to help you!"

        "And now you're in more danger than ever!"

        "No, Scott! The Argents go by the code. They won't kill us without proof we killed someone. Kate is the one who broke the code. She kidnapped me, and she's the one who set the fire in the Hale house. She's the one who would kill us in our sleep and Chris won't let her!"

        "How do you know that?!"

        "Ivy told me. And I lived with them for days. I overheard conversations. Are we in danger? Absolutely. Did we kill anybody? Absolutely not. So let's focus on finding Derek and getting rid of Peter, and staying the hell away from Kate. Okay? Then we can worry about the rest of the Argents and work on getting you and Allison together again."

        "Fine."

        "We have to hide, they'll come for us out here."

☀︎☀︎☀︎

        Maya and Scott huddled in the corner of the animal clinic, Scott's head leaning on her shoulder as he tried not to cry.

        Maya rubbed her eyes tiredly and felt her contact pop out into her hand that was covered in dirt. "Damnit," she grumbled. "My contact fell out. Now I'm going to be half blind the rest of the night."

        "Mom told me to tell her I love her," he whispered.

        "Did you?" he nodded. "And what did she say?"

        "That she loved me too."

        "Good. That means there's hope." MJ looked over seeing her little brother crying and held him closer until the dogs started barking and howling.

        "Come on, we gotta go!"

        "Home? Because Scott I can't run around in heels and my pretty dress. Not happening."

        "Fine, whatever we have to be quick."

☀︎☀︎☀︎

        MJ told Scott she'd meet him at lookout point. She had to do something first before she went home and changed. The elevator ding made MJ jump as she stepped into the hallway immediately seeing Lydia lying in a hospital bed.