Better?

Phoebe P.O.V

"SELENE!! SELENE!!" I screamed down the phone to my bewildered and slightly confused flatmate.
"Phoebe? What's wrong? And why aren't you back yet?" She asked, obviously concerned as to why I was shouting through the streets of London.
"I've been with a guy!..." I whispered after seeing the peoples faces around me. "I'll tell you when I get home, just leave the door unlocked OK?"
She confirms the door situation and hangs up. I carry on battling through the sudden rain falling like icy blades, when I feel a familiar touch on my shoulder. I turn around, expecting the worst, but I'm greeted by warm eyes and a soft, reassuring smile. Its Dan.
"Oh, there you are!" He says, out of breath from running. "I started walking home, then realised how awfully vulnerable you must be in the streets of London." He follows, a definite hint of sarcasm in his voice. "So, if you wouldn't mind, it would put my mind at rest, to walk you home?"
"Are you sure?"
He nods with a cheeky grin beaming on his face. I tell him my address, and we carry on, completely forgetting the rain spattering our faces.
"Bloody hell its cold." I say with a shudder.
He slowly places his arm around my shoulders, resting his limp wrist near my neck.
"Better?"
"Instantly." I reply, looking deep into his eyes. We stay like this the entire way home. By the time we get to my street, I'm almost resting my head gently on his shoulder.
"So this is it." I say, eyeing towards our block. "Thank you so much for walking me back, God only knows what would've happened if you hadn't!"
"Perish the thought!" He replies, chuckling.
We say goodbye, and I thank him again for the coffee. I watched him disappear into the night, when he called out:
"Don't forget to check your pocket!"
I reach into my coat pocket, retrieving the crumpled paper given to me earlier. Inside is a phone number, hopefully his, and the words;
"7.00, Saturday at the Italian on Regent Street. See you there ;) x"
A wide smile spreads across my cheeks, missing him already.
Parting is such sweet sorrow...